Newest member of our family

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
We had a surprise addition to our family today.... stopped by Sportmans Warehouse to do some shopping and saw a couple out front with a dog. They were trying to sell him. He was a gorgeous looking German Shorthair, 3 yrs old and as friendly as can be. Catherine has been talking about getting a German Shorthair for years and was quite interested in him. We talked to the couple with the dog for about 5 min and the whole time the dog was just snuggling with both Catherine and I. He isn't papered, but is a pure breed. To take him home with us, we ended up paying about the price of a big bag of dog food.

The couple that owned him had rescued him from an abusive family. They had him since last Fall, but due to money getting tight for them, they needed to let him go. He's very thin, so we need to fatten him up and get him healthy. He is shedding a lot, the previous owners say it's due to a recent diet change and feeding him cheap food. We're going to take him to the vet this week, get his shots updated and give him a good checkup.

He is soooo friendly, almost to the point of being annoying... he loves to cuddle, he'll just rest his head on you and hang out there. :rofl: So far he and Daisy, our Weim, are getting along great. He's very vocal too, talks often and we've yet to hear a bark. He's very mild-mannered, hopefully that will rub off on Daisy.

Catheine named him... Rosco, after Roscoe P. Coltrane! :handlebars: Daisy's full name is Daisy Mae Duke, so you can see what direction we're headed. :D So without further adieu, here's some pics of our newest family member.

Attachments

• 100_6961 (Medium).JPG
    100_6961 (Medium).JPG
    58.4 KB · Views: 50
  • 100_6962 (Medium).JPG
    100_6962 (Medium).JPG
    62 KB · Views: 42
  • 100_6964 (Medium).JPG
    100_6964 (Medium).JPG
    58.1 KB · Views: 42
  • 100_6965 (Medium).JPG
    100_6965 (Medium).JPG
    59.9 KB · Views: 48

lewis

Fight Till You Die
He's a good looking dog. I grew up having shorthairs, we had some real good ones and some real stubborn ones. The best one we had was named Daisy. The are good brid dogs thats for sure.

Amy

Limited Supply Of Sanity
Woah good lookin dog. :) He is skinny but nothing a lil bit o steak wont fix. I am excited to meet the newest memeber! Glad you and Catherine found him. :)

benjy

Rarely wrenches
Supporting Member
I love german shorthairs! Have you noticed any negative behaviors from the abusive situation? Our husky/spaniel had a really hard time with males when we adopted her. We've had her about six months, and now she acts totally normal around me :)

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
I love german shorthairs! Have you noticed any negative behaviors from the abusive situation? Our husky/spaniel had a really hard time with males when we adopted her. We've had her about six months, and now she acts totally normal around me :)

We asked the previous owners and they said he was quite shy when they first got him, but he quickly changed. They said there weren't any signs of abuse anymore and we haven't seen anything either. He is friendly with anyone, male, female dog or cat.

I was pretty apprehensive about getting a dog that had been abused in the past, but he is so loving and willing to obey, we decided to go for it. We're happy so far, he's been just great. :)

JPNGRL44

Unhealthy Obsession
Good looking pooch!! I have really enjoyed having two dogs, it is fun to watch them interact, and get to know each of their unique personalities.

Schoggi loves to have her rear scratched right above her tail, and Rainey loves belly rubs!

Coreshot

Resident Thread Killer
Catheine named him... Rosco, after Roscoe P. Coltrane! :handlebars: Daisy's full name is Daisy Mae Duke, so you can see what direction we're headed.

Well, when you're ready for a Dogs of Hazzard reunion, we named our B&T Coon Hound Cooter after the mechanic on the show.:D

crawldaddy

Congrats, We have a 4 year old Short hair and just picked up a Wiem last fall. There personality are the exact opposite of yours. My short hair can jump an 8 ft fence while the Wiem will sit in your lap all day long if I would let her.