Newtown victims are going to sue bushmaster....

Trate D

I am not sure if that was ever proven or disproven. Seems to me another attempt to get media coverage on ar-15's and gun control.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
I guess this means we can choose a brand of silverware makers and sue them for making people fat.

Trate D

I guess this means we can choose a brand of silverware makers and sue them for making people fat.
Yup! The cars you crashed in, door ya stubbed your toe on, jeeps you rolled in the list could be endless. But since it's about guns it will be a big deal.

skeptic

Just so I understand what to do, if I get hit by a drunk driver am I supposed to sue the car or the alcohol manufacturer?

Troop92

I find this wrong on so many levels. It's sad that other cases similar to this actually found traction and had payouts.

Yes, it is horrible and tragic, but as was stated in all your comments, ultimately it is not the fault if the manufacturer or retailer. The blame can be placed entirely on the killer, Adam Lanza, and his mother, Nancy. I find it infuriating that the nation is shifting toward zero personal accountability. The mother made poor choices that lead to her son making even more reprehensible ones.

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member

Funny you say this, we were having a discussion about this silliness at work, and a co-worker brought up the same analogy