Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Front Bumper + Winch.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Shawn

Just Hanging Out
Originally posted by TigerStripe40
Eh, I though some of the POR smilies would work here.

No offense meant, other than a smart-ass retort to your equally smart-ass 'chevota' statement.

Nothing from POR works here.

Being a "Smart-Ass" to a Moderator will do nothing but put you on the Sh1t list.

I wasn't being a smart-ass with the "Chevota" comment.
I speak the truth.

:mad:

Shawn

Just Hanging Out
Originally posted by TigerStripe40
I Am thinking about the next mod for my FJ40.

Currently, it's got OME suspension,
warmed over motor, stock Tranny/t-case
35" tires with stock gears.

You should have been more detailed, you would have received a better responce.

"Suspension is stock Spring under axle with Old Man Emu springs, and extended anti-inversion shackles. 35" MTR's round up the tire department.

Currently in the works are rear disk brakes, and a Saginaw Power Steering conversion.

Oh, I also have a customer made, tiger striped dash."

This is much better.

Box Rocket

bored
agreed. Although I think the trails you've been wheeling lately don't really warrant the need for a full rollcage, I have to consider your track record. You might need the cage. ;) Seriously, leave the stock cage for now.

You've got no reason to do a apring over and shackle reversal. Your OME stuff is fine, especially for where you're wheeling. I wheeled mine on OME's and 35's for a long time and on much harder trails than you're seeing.

The Toybox is cool but.......

I say 4.88's and lockers. You're on the road enough that the gears will make a big difference on the road for you, and obviously will help on the trail. Likewise since you're on the road so much, the ARB's are a good choice so you can turn 'em off.

Wheel it like that for a while. It'll get you lots of places. No need for the toybox just yet, let alone a bumper and winch. Remember that Ryan took his stock drivetrain FJ40 with 33's, no winch, no bumper, with f/r lockers through Upper Helldorado. You'll be able to do plenty in your truck with what it's got, but a little help with gearing and the lockers should last you for a long time, especially on the trails you run.

84 4Runner

Restless 'Runner
I would go with gear and lockers. Gears and lockers will get you where just a suspension lift couldn't. Although once you get there with your gears and lockers, you may need a roll cage. :D