Nice Places To Eat In Downtown SLC

Slangy

Sgt. CulPepper
Okay so I don't go to Salt Lake all to much, I pass by when going to the airport every month but never go downtown to often. The wife and I are going to stay in Downtown tonight and are looking for a real nice place to eat. Not to worried about the price. We are not picky on the type of food either. Where have you guys been that you really like and what kind of food, service, drinks etc did they have.
I eat at Chilis and Applebees all the time and want some place more upscale than that.
Let me know if you have any recommendations.
Thanks

DOSS

Poker of the Hornets Nest
I would suggest Ruths Chris http://www.ruthschris.com/ bar none the best steak I have ever eaten, Also about a week ago we ate there for my B-Day and had some Killer Crab and Crab cakes :) -- nothing on the menu is bad so far, great service... Hmmm I can't think of anything I don't like about it :) Great wine list and you can get whatever you want to drink there really.. seriously go eat there you won't regret it :)

jesse

Masshole
that makes 2 votes for biaggi's. we had a gift certificate there from christmas so we went and it was a really nice restaurant

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
I like the food at Mikado and I've heard Cafe Trang is good as well.

I'm going to Stoneground tonight I think

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
I like the food at Mikado and I've heard Cafe Trang is good as well.

I'm going to Stoneground tonight I think

Trang is pretty good. They're just up the street from my office. Biaggi's is just across the street and I've not had anything bad there. Prices were actually kinda reasonable.

I'm pretty partial to Red or Blue Iguana if you're headed for Mexican chow. Ruth's Chris is downright delightful. ThaiFoon is pretty good as well. I even like Lambs Cafe on Main. :D

It's fun to just walk in somewhere you've never been or never heard of though. You do get some mixed results.

I try to support the local places as much as I can over the chains. Usually better food and likely better service as well.

Amy

Limited Supply Of Sanity
There is a really awesome place called...bombara I think.
5 star dinner. Its in the hotel monaco....REALLY good food.
Biaggies or whatever is wicked good.

Slangy

Sgt. CulPepper
Well I still have a couple hours before I go so keep them coming and I will try to sort through them and decide what sounds best. I have to say asking you guys gave me a hell of a lot more ideas then looking on the google machine. Now hopefully I can just decide between some of these recommendations.