Nissan Altima vs. Whatever

TELFORD

its a work in progress
I am thinking of geting an Altima as a daily driver. Whos got one and what do you think. Also looking at at a few others. Any sugestions, ideas or input, on similar cars of diffirent makes, or the Altima?

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
Wife had one for a while. It was okay I guess. Had a premature head gasket problem, but they covered it under warranty. I got the impression that the head gasket on them is problematic. You looking for something small and cheap with good gas mileage?

TELFORD

its a work in progress
RockMonkey said:
Wife had one for a while. It was okay I guess. Had a premature head gasket problem, but they covered it under warranty. I got the impression that the head gasket on them is problematic. You looking for something small and cheap with good gas mileage?

Yes on the good Mileage, I guess that and small go together. I really want something bigger than.........say a Focus.I frequently have a need to drive people Around at work.

74highboy

stick with nissan ive got a 94 nissan sentra that ive had for 3 years and just about every one in my family has had and i beat that thing as hard as i can the only things ive had to do is a clutch fuel pump front brakes and tires and i drive this thing every day and normaly i break a 100mph on my way to and from school

Coreshot

Resident Thread Killer
We've got a '93 Altima. It's a decent little car, plenty of room for the five of us. I think it has about 120000 miles on it and still runs like a top. We basically have it just for Tara to commute, and save some gas money for the tow rig.

rrefx

I'm a fan of Nissan. I had a '91 Nissan Axess, just as a commuter when I commuted into LA, that thing had about 340,000 miles on it before I traded it in. The only thing I don't like about nissan's is they aren't easy to work on. We were working on a friends Altima, about a '96 I think, and we had to pull the heads to get the intake manifold off, and practicaly pull the engine to replace the timing chain. As long as your not the one working on them, they're great.

Caleb

What about a WRX? Everyone I know that has had one or does have one seem to really like it. I have never heard any owners complain about anything with them.

Chiksic

Resident Stoner
My brother had an altima... I don't know what year it was, but it was about 5 years ago. They had nothing but promlems with it, hehe. The alternator went out, there was tons of little minor things... I don't remember much, but they hated that car. *shrug* maybe it was a lemon, I dunno

PierCed_3

I drive Frankenstein!!
My next car will be a WRX, brand new off the show room floor. Everyone says buy used but I would rather have the peace of mind knowing what my car has been through from the beginning of it's life. I would prefer one with less than 13 miles on it if that is possible. I am thinking of just ordering a car with a special paint color and sunroof so it is "unique". I don't want to go without AWD again and I need a car that pushes more than 80 HP like my hunk of junk Jetta! :mad2:

Russnut

Streets are gay.
Nissans aren't very cool. They all look like beans now. I have a 96 impreza with 200,000miles on it and it's still a champ. I've raced it for 4 years and daily driven it and its still holding up. If you're going to get a WRX, get a new one. They're fun to beat on, but start the beating yourself. Who knows what's been done to it. Thats why you can't even test drive an STi.

TELFORD

its a work in progress
WRX has been on my mind. I have not spent much time looking at them, I'll have to drop by the dealer.

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
nissans have sucked, the ones i've owned at least. honda has a much better record with me. accords are :cool: imo
my gf bought an 05 acura tsx... that is one badass car :eek:
six speed manual :D

cuban b

You're all WEAK SAUCE!
Nissans are the best cars I've ever owned. I've had a truck, a sentra, and currently a 99 altima. I've had almost no problems at all. I changed a starter in the truck (150,000 miles) and that was it. My altima is a great car, it's nicer and gets better gas mileage than anything in the price range.

gksspot

TELFORD said:
WRX has been on my mind. I have not spent much time looking at them, I'll have to drop by the dealer.

Defintely get a WRX over any Nissan... even over the 350. For the money you wont get a AWD vehicle that is that much fun for the money... plus its AWD, Im sure that is good for some of the 2 rated trails in Moab :rofl: