No car title question

bretto

Willytime
I have a friend that is going to be buying an 196x MGA from a guy in Idaho. He has said that the car has been sitting in his garage for 25+ years and now wants to sell it. Trouble is that he never had a title and it has South Dakota plates on it. Is there anything special he should be concerned with other than getting a bill of sale.

BlackDog

one small mod at a time
ohter than not getting the title? no.
Get the vin and call the Idha Transportation Depart, I guess you could call UDOT too, and have them run it, where it is an 8 digit vin, or whatever they were back then it may not register, but it should, had a 69 Toyota I heavily modded, had issues once when I was pulled over in it.

If they can find the title, you will know what you need to do to get the title...

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Go to the DMV and a get a missing/lost title packet. You fill out all of the info, get an officer to verify the VIN, take a photo and submit it to the DMV. I've had to do it on a couple of rigs, take awhile but a title always comes of it.

The bad is if they find a lein holder or even worse a stolen/fraudulent title/VIN...