No good deed...

Goes unpunished! Went to get firewood for somebody from Church and ended up putting the Truck in a creek on it's side on the way home. It turns out that a cord of wood in a trailer on a snow covered bend is not good. The driver side is pretty messed up and the frame might be bent. Side airbags popped but not the fronts. Stupid sign is on my forehead right now.

DadsTruck001.jpg

DadsTruck002.jpg

DadsTruck004.jpg

DadsTruck005.jpg

DadsTruck006.jpg

DadsTruck008.jpg

Last edited:
25 miles an hour with the 4 wheel drive on. The trailer hit the washboard in the snow and went taking us with it.

It was like being on an amusemnet park ride where it drops out from underneath and you do not know it is coming. My boy was hanging from his seat and laughing at me at first.

We will see how it comes out. It sat with all of it's weight on the driver front tire for three hours, you could see some tweakage between the cab and the bed. Fluid was coming out of the transmission and dripping in the snow by the time the crane showed up.

Worried about it tracking straight after it sitting like that. I just bought the truck in April. I had the flat repaired last week and had not put it back on and put the spare away yet.

Pic of the day I brought it home.
5-8-10011.jpg

Sucks, did you even have plates on it yet? This is exactly why I don't go to church.

I Missouri when you tow big trailers frequently you take the rear plate off and attach it to the back of the trailer you are pulling. When not pulling most folks put it in the back window. The rear plates on most farm trucks is a "John Deere" freebie.

rholbrook

Do you think you can get the mohawk out of the seat that your a$$ pinched in it as you went over? :) That sucks, nothin scarier than the helpless feeling of not being able to do anything about whats going to happen.

Good Luck