no name yet trail, 11-25-05

marvin

ZINGER
Three of us met up about 1:00 pm by the new grave yard, two sammis and a landcruiser. It sure is nice to have this stuff in our backyard, we decided to go explore some stuff that we had been drooling over every time we pass by, TKS had done a recon on feet on this particular wash, took him 45 mins to walk the wash, took us about 6 hrs to drive thru the wash, let me tell you it was a blast!!! I cant believe that my sammi survived the whole ordeal, I just wore down my clutch a bit. We were thinking to rate it a 4 with at least one locker, but after it got dark it jumped to a 4+(he he) it was a lot more difficult to navigate after dark, we had some serious boulders to conquer in the dark but had fun doing it, the only other damage we had was a broken rear leaf on the other sammi which we repaired with a winch strap, some rock rash to my sammi, pics should be coming soon. We are thinking about a name for it, we will let you know..

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Got any pics? If it stays sunny for a little while longer today I might head out there to check it out. :cool:

JKS

A.K.A Sam
Random Pics of "No Name Trail"

I have to agree with Marvin, this trail was a blast! :D Lots of fun and close to home. Plenty of good stuff to play on (or in depending on the line taken!). A few tight sqeezes for me (possibly too tight for a fullsize rig), but no problems for the smaller Samis.

Here are some random pics that we took on our journey. Oh and is it just me, or did the rocks seem to get bigger as it got darker and we made it further up? I think we missed some great shots towards the end of the trail due to darkness.

Attachments

• Pic1.jpg
    Pic1.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 78
  • Pic2.jpg
    Pic2.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 56
  • Pic3.jpg
    Pic3.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 43
  • Pic4.jpg
    Pic4.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 59

JKS

A.K.A Sam
More Pics

Some more pics of the ride.

Attachments

• Pic5.jpg
    Pic5.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 40
  • Pic6.jpg
    Pic6.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 49
  • Pic7.jpg
    Pic7.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 37
  • Pic8.jpg
    Pic8.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 23

marvin

ZINGER
I know you have more pics, do you have any nite pics, would love to see them, we will have to go back on that trail and start alot earlier as to see were we were when it got dark.

JKS

A.K.A Sam
More Pics

These are just before dark. Once it got dark, it was WAY DARK out there and our camera didn't do too well. Don't worry Marvin, I'll get you a copy of all the pics.

Attachments

• Pic9.jpg
    Pic9.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 27
  • Pic10.jpg
    Pic10.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 25
  • Pic11.jpg
    Pic11.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 37

marvin

ZINGER
nice, now I just need better gears and a little more hp and then the clutch will not have to do all the work!! I have my pics back already if you want to come by work and check them out.

JKS

A.K.A Sam
nate__82 said:
that looks like a lot of fun! where is it at?

It is a wash that is located just north of Price. There are several trails in the area, Diff Hanger, Judgement Day, Curse Canyon, (pics are in this section) Alrad Canyon, and this one (no name yet!) are all accessible from the same unloading area. LOTS OF FUN INDEED! :D :D

great scott

Was this ever a trail? If we can't prove it there is no chance of keeping it legal :sick: . We have turned in all the Price area trails to the BLM just before the deadline last year. RS247 can help if it ever was a road but other wise its dead.

Dixon

no name trail

It would be a shame if we can't get this trail on the map because it was a lot of fun. After the first couple of boulder obstacles jks is telling us that for what he remembers there isn't many more. So 4 hours latter after the suns been down for a long time and we're faced with baddest boulder pile of the trip I'm hoping we can clear it because going back is not an option. As far as out trails in Price it's much harder then diff hanger but just under pinnacle. Short rigs work well like the sami's a number of abstacles like the gate keeper were you have to snake through or big tires and wheel over them. One huge boulder sitting right in the path that as you go around it tips you into it really hard, jks had a tuff time in the crusier getting by it.

great scott

Dixon said:
It would be a shame if we can't get this trail on the map because it was a lot of fun. After the first couple of boulder obstacles jks is telling us that for what he remembers there isn't many more. So 4 hours latter after the suns been down for a long time and we're faced with baddest boulder pile of the trip I'm hoping we can clear it because going back is not an option. As far as out trails in Price it's much harder then diff hanger but just under pinnacle. Short rigs work well like the sami's a number of abstacles like the gate keeper were you have to snake through or big tires and wheel over them. One huge boulder sitting right in the path that as you go around it tips you into it really hard, jks had a tuff time in the crusier getting by it.
At this point are only chance is to convince the BLM that it was a road before 1976 or that this area should be left as is for a recreation area. The King Crawlers as you know did submit the area north of Price that includes; Curse, Diff, Judgment, Twister and more as 1 of 3 rec areas, the other 2 are in Emery County, so there is a chance and they are listening (at lest to our faces). There are some other routs in that area that we did not have time to turn in before the dead line.

Dixon

no-name

Scott this trail my fit into the RS 2477 because the road that takes you into the trail is for a time part of the trail. It looks like they used the wash for the road but the best part of the trail the road ran along side the wash.

JKS

A.K.A Sam
Dixon said:

:confused: :confused: Hey I'm blaming this whole memory thing (or lack there of) on the head injury I received when I was rolling out from under the Jeep on Thursday afternoon! :confused: :confused: My head still hurts!! Anyway, just think how boring this trail would have been if it didn't have all the obstacles I had forgotten about! :D