No Snow Wheeling?

T.T.

Ok I'm not from around here but IT SNOWED! Don't any you guys go running up the dirt roads for hi-mark or find a good icy hill in the shade and see who can slide backwards the fastest? I've been waiting for this since we got here. Lets go!

fattodog

frame cracks= More flex!!
first ya gotta get enough snow to at least get stuck in. You can't really call that a "Snow storm". Where ya from?

shotgunred

TEAM LOGAN
Is the B and the V still open? last time I was up there, they were starting to barricade alot of it off.

It's still fun to take Sky line as far as you can when we get some good snow.

Bucking Bronco

The B is all open but the law states we are not allowed to drive our vehicles over the snow if it is more than 2 inches deep

LAME :-\

shotgunred

TEAM LOGAN
They are probably tired of pulling rigs and bodies out of dead man curve. They pulled three different rigs out of the bottom of that thing in the 2 years I lived in Woodscross. I havent heard of anybody driving anything into it lately, though.

Badger

I am the Brute squad
The B is all open but the law states we are not allowed to drive our vehicles over the snow if it is more than 2 inches deep

LAME :-\

when did they start doing this .I've been up there with 3'+ on the ground

PC310005.sized.jpg

you can just make out the guard that is around 3 foot tall

snowdrift.sized.jpg

shotgunred

TEAM LOGAN
2 inches is rediculous. We have been up there when its like that also. Usualy the snow mobiles have it packed down in a hurry.

Bucking Bronco

Actually it was because the snowmobilers kept complaining we were up there.

I know this personally because I was in heated discussions with tom from the forest service. They threatened to give us all tickets and impound our vehicles for being up there, we kept arguing with them and went up there anyway because the law at the time said that skyline was open. It was in the same classification as farmington canyon so it was open. I was able to get with the state offices in ogden and show the engineers report that stated the same thing.

(No one ever got a ticket or towed)

So things were good for the next year and then then conviently the trail maps got changed stating that only over the snow vehicles are allowed up there.

Now it gets good because one of the deffinitions for over the snow vehicle is that they have low pressure tires.

Well the definition for low pressure tires was like 15lb or less so that made it so we could still go up there. Pending we let air out of our tires.

So now things got changed again if you look at any of utah states definitions for over the snow vehicles it will all say the same thing except on the trail maps for skyline drive in bountiful there definition states weight limits and width for the over the snow vehicles

Now all of this happened about 3 or so years ago and since I am not as close to the B I rarely go up there anymore

Keep in mind I have no problems with snowmobilers I just could not figure out why when they can drive off the road anywhere they want providing snow of course and we are only allowed on the road why we all could not be up there.

Last edited:

Bucking Bronco

It is rediculous
But it is the law
even the davis county sheriffs wont enforce it.
only fish and game officers will give you any trouble about it

Crinco

The mountains didn't get much snow, we only got about 1/4 inch from that last storm. The days of having a good time driving in the snow are fading fast too.

T.T.

first ya gotta get enough snow to at least get stuck in. You can't really call that a "Snow storm". Where ya from?

Well, from Washington, so we have to take advantage of what snow we get in a hurry! I'll watching for snow runs even if it is for a limited time count me in!

Bud

'98 ZJ
Dang, thanks for all of the info. I might have to take the little XJ out and see what is posted now in Bountiful and Farmington...

DrMoab

Dang, thanks for all of the info. I might have to take the little XJ out and see what is posted now in Bountiful and Farmington...

Would be interested in knowing also. I have been up there many many times.

Maybe we need to start the war dialer to the Forest Service?