Jeep No spark on CJ7

Green-Tonka-CJ5

BEE-DUHB
Hey everyone, having a little issue with the jeep not getting power to my ignition coil. Hoping to figure it all out before i pay an electrician. It was running just fine then shut off. So far to try and diagnose the no spark issue, i have replaced the voltage regulator and ignition switch. Still no good. My jeep somewhere down the line seems to have had the ICM ignition control module removed or bypassed. Its not mounted on the fender well like all diagrams show. So i cant just replace it. I'm not the best electrician and have come to a stand still on the next step. For now a friend suggested just alligator clamping the positive post on the battery to the positive post on the ignition coil. It Fires up every time. But popping my hood to disconnect the constant power and reconnect every time i go somewhere sucks. If anyone has any ideas please let me know!

My last guess is the green wire coming from the voltage regulator is not connected to anything nor does it seem to have been. In diagrams it was either going to the negative contact on the coil, or the feed on the alternator. I don't know if this would stop the whole system. I did alligator clamp it to the negative connection but still no spark.

:ugh:

Jinx

when in doubt, upgrade!
It sounds like you are missing a ground or have a loose one.

If I remember right if the starter silinoid isn't grounded (usually by being mounted to the fender or firewall) the engine won't turn over.

Hope that helps. Keep posting.