Northern tool welders?

Fuller

Formerly limegrnxj
I am looking at welders and came across the northern tool welders and i am wondering if anyone has had any luck with them?

I am looking at this one here specificaly http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200441250_200441250

"Northern Industrial Reconditioned MIG/Stick 200 Welder. This Northern Industrial MIG/Stick 200 welder features a lightweight, powerful inverter design and the versatility to weld up to 5/16in. materials"

BCGPER

Starting Another Thread
Reconditioned = Used. If you want used, check KSL and get a better machine for half that. For that kind of money, go to Airgas, and get a new "Name" brand machine.

I am looking at welders and came across the northern tool welders and i am wondering if anyone has had any luck with them?

I am looking at this one here specificaly http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200441250_200441250

"Northern Industrial Reconditioned MIG/Stick 200 Welder. This Northern Industrial MIG/Stick 200 welder features a lightweight, powerful inverter design and the versatility to weld up to 5/16in. materials"

Mug

PHORmerly
Looks decent at best. The biggest "red flag" for me was the way-too-short 3 month warranty. The industry standard for welders these days is 3 years, and on some parts, 5 years. If you don't need professional equipment, like Miller, Lincoln, ESAB, etc. go with Hobart (Miller's basic line).

Like BCGPER said, go to a local store and see what they have. It will be easier to go back to them if there is an issue later.

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
I wouldn't.

For comparison's sake, I got a huge Miller Dialarc, something like a 475amp machine, waaaay more than I can ever use, for $250, with a cart, about 200# of 6011, and 3 sets of 75-100' leads. :eek: It can probably weld 1" plate without a hiccup. :D No way I'd settle for a mere 5/16", especially when that's the upper end of a $430 used welder. :D

Much better deals on KSL.

Fuller

Formerly limegrnxj
this is some good info, this is why i asked. i havnet been looking on ksl for to long but i just havent seen a what seems to be that great of a deal but im still looking, thanks guys