Northface Sues "The South Butt" over copyright infringement

solidfrontaxle

Toyota jihad
What are you doing on Backcountry.com? You know they are big time SUWA supporters, right?
http://www.suwa.org/site/PageServer?pagename=about_Business_Members

Andre probably did know that.

Shopping for outdoor gear freakin sucks. I can't bring myself to support half of the companies because most of them seem to be contributing to groups that shut down trails, close land, limit access, or fund eco-terrorism. :mad:

REI, Patagonia, Columbia, The North Face, Black Diamond, Osprey, Big Agnes, Mountain Hardwear, Cascade Designs.... thats well over half the market right there and they all support and contribute to wilderness groups.

Last edited:

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
Shop smart, shop S-Mart... wait... -_-

Seriously though, due diligence can go a long way. Research before you buy and if you are in doubt, ask. I've gone so far with small businesses to ask straight out if the company supports SUWA or the Sierra Club. I've left stuff on the counter at Kirkhams because they had the wrong answer.

Caleb

This is a good reason why I made www.ohvfriendly.com ...we need to build that database of companies up so we know who to safely shop with. We've got a list of who not to, but I'd like to know who we can. I'm in the market for quite a bit of this stuff (fuel canisters, small tent, etc).

hedonist

Supporting Member
done many trips with the owner's son all over the state. vehicle based camping AND backpacking. definitely ohv friendly

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
Not in my opinion. The owner is a avid off-roader. Then again the owner of Kirkhams is too? Wonder if it was he that signed them up or a store manager or some similar scenario?

All I know is that I asked, "Before I buy this sleeping bag, I've got a question. Is Kirkham's, as a company, a supporter of the Sierra Club and SUWA?"
He said yes and I told him I would take my business elsewhere.