Not happy with Bobby Long

rock4fun

I just thought I would vent a little to people that might listen. My problem last summer I bought A longfield kit for $665.00 on 2/7/08 used it all that summer and parked it for the winter. got the rig back out this summer went on a few trips and then entered the OLD SCHOOL ROCK CRAWL . long story short the end of the Longfield that the hub goes on striped out but my stock hub is fine which is what I thought had broke. So I take it out put A stock one back in with a stock axle shaft becouse the after market one is to big to to slide into a stock birfield. I get a call today saying he will not warrenty it becouse it was the hub that caused it to fail and that he will send me a new one for $200.00. Well now I am pissed Not only do I not get the warrenty I paid for I also have a chrome molly axle shaft I can't use . what is a poor broke guy like me to do. Any feed back that might make me feel better would be great.

rock4fun

OK OK I have to take back every thing I just said not five minutes after I put this post up Bobby called me back at 9:00 at night and decided to take care of me. He is getting me a brand new one for $40.00 so much more affordable for this poor boy. Bobby Long is a good guy in book.

ChestonScout

opinions are like Jeeps..
I have never dealt with him personally but I have never heard of any problems with his customer service. Im glad he is taking care of you. Sounds like a sweet deal to me!

CJ Matt

I am glad he took care of you. I just spent a bunch on his Dana 60 cv's and that is partly due to the warrenty and all the good things I heard about him.

ID Bronco

He has been great when I have ordered stuff, explaining things. I don't really think this is the best place to vent, especially since it doesn't sound like you tried very hard or long to get help from him. I am glad it all worked out.

rock4fun

personally I think after he took care of you, you should have deleted this thread...

Personally I don't care what you think. and I did not delete this thread because I think it shows my frustrations about the hole thing. And it also shows how a good bisness owner handles thing.

rock4fun

He has been great when I have ordered stuff, explaining things. I don't really think this is the best place to vent, especially since it doesn't sound like you tried very hard or long to get help from him. I am glad it all worked out.

I think this is a great place to vent I thought this is what forums like this are for to talk about all things 4x4 related good our bad. And if you read a little closer it dose say long story some where. I was not bad mouthing him in any way I think he makes good stuff In fact this is the second longfield kit I have bought from him. And by the way I did talk to him for about 15-20 mins Explaining what had happened and that this was only wheeled on around 12 times our so and now I have to pay $200.00 more if I want to be able to use my chromemoly axle shaft. That is all again I think he is a stand up guy and I'm sure I will do business with him in the future.

KrazyKarl

Dents are cool right?
Yea I know that Bobby long specifcally says in his waranty policy and a few times on his web sight that there is a waranty on every thing except strip outs Caused by the stock hub gear. I know when I was pricing them as well he mentioned that over the phone. He sells an after market hub gear and warantys every thing if you have the two. It is pretty common knowledge. I remember it came up in the dirty 30's thread a while back. I think it is way cool that he cut you a killer deal even though it is against his clearly stated policy.

Cruiser

look what i can do!!
I cant say enough about bobby, he has taken care of me SOOO many times, however he did warn me that he would not warantee it if that happened, that is why he makes a cromo hub gear! Glad to hear he helped you out, BOBBY IS THE MAN!

rock4fun

Yea I know that Bobby long specifcally says in his waranty policy and a few times on his web sight that there is a waranty on every thing except strip outs Caused by the stock hub gear. I know when I was pricing them as well he mentioned that over the phone. He sells an after market hub gear and warantys every thing if you have the two. It is pretty common knowledge. I remember it came up in the dirty 30's thread a while back. I think it is way cool that he cut you a killer deal even though it is against his clearly stated policy.

Ya after it was all said and done I'm getting some for my rig as soon as I sale something to pay for them. That what I meant when I said I will do more business with him in the near future.

SUPERFLY

CaptainRob
about a month ago i sent bobby some birfs to get rebuilt, about a month later they still never got to him (U.S.P. lost them) so he sent me a set just trusting my word that i sent them even though it wasnt his bad at all, ive heard a few horror storys about his service but i personally have nothing bad to say about the guy and for this reason i have no problem paying the 100 dollars more for his product over trail gears fine kung pow ninja dirty 30s