np 231 sye install ?'s

TELFORD

its a work in progress
So I am in the process of installing a sye kit on my 231. First off its an 89 with the pugeot tranny(dont know if this makes a diff). So the rod that has the forks, is too long for the new housing that came with the kit. I know its installed correctly, double checked it. I measured with the old housing and the notch on that one is about a 1/2" deeper, than the new. Also the vacum attachment comes in on the side not direct from the top.

Question is, can I cut this to a new length, or do I need a new housing, or rod or etc. etc. etc. The only problem I see with this is I the rod currently has a angel on it where the vacum attachment come in contact wiht it, and I would have to make sure I got the same angel. Other than that anybody see any issue with cutting it?

BioNuke1

Jeepsus Chrystler
when I did my advance adapters SYE for a np231, it tells you to shift the t-case into a certain gear mark in so far and wrap tape around it at the line then cut it off with a cutting disk on a grinder

TELFORD

its a work in progress
from what I can see I am going to place it in what gear it sticks out the most, and then cut it, I figured it had to be done, just wanted to make sure someone else also had done it.

Bone Down

I just did mine yesterday with the help of a friend and it only took a few hours with removal, install, replacement of t case.

I purchased and used the teraflex extreme short shaft kit.

I hope that I am not suppose to cut anything on mine.

Last edited: