NP205 shift pattern

so i have a question , so i have a gm np205 whats the shift pattern also , it looks like a twin stick but when i got under the lever closest to me wasnt actually split , so i was like well if thats the case im still a single stick and the second one has 3 shift points and is connected to , the side of the trans ,

WHAT DOES THAT ONE DO ? WHAT IS THAT SHIFT PATTERN

ANYHELP WOULD BE AWESOME

What rig?Ford Chevy or Dodge?Go any pics of what you have going on there?But normally it's forward to back 4Lo N 2Hi 4Hi.

FSJ waggy , 401th400GMNP205D6014bolt , ill have to take some next time im at the shop..... okay thats why im getting sh*tty gas milage even though my front hubs arent locked im still rotating the assembly i think im in 4hi if the pattern is right , still dont know what the second stick is for ? ill post as soon as possible , it not connected to any of my selector rails just to the side of the trans or tcase, thanks for any help

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
Pics would help a bunch... but Cheepin posted the correct shift pattern for GM.

I am not sure what is going on w/that second stick. This will be interesting.

Pics would help a bunch... but Cheepin posted the correct shift pattern for GM.

I am not sure what is going on w/that second stick. This will be interesting.

nice thanks for confirming there is alotof stuff online , but yes , quit intriging , i was like nice twin stick , but failed , popped my head under there and and still connected to both , ill post up tomorrow , 2hi 2lo possibly ?

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
I don't know.. on a 205, one stick controls each output, so maybe they converted it back?? Odd.

The stock setup uses a linkage bar to link the two, so it is RWD to start, and as you shift it, the linkage engages the front output. Also be aware that adding another shifter and removing that link will not let you have front-wheel drive only. :D You need to grind the shift rail in the case for that.

so update i think i figured it out , the second stick it in the tcase but its a np203/205 doubler , which is still pretty cool im happy with it , ill just have to down the road split that 205 when i have time , thanks for all the help

thenag

I don't think I have ever seen a stock shift setup for a 205.

On my ford 205 the stick closest to the middle was the "rear" and the stick closes to the front output was "front" I did the shift rail grinding and seem to remember that the rails pushed in are as posted, all the way out low, middle N, and all the way in high.

I found that I could put a screw driver through the hole on the shift rail and shift them, you could un-bolt the linkage, put the rear in N and see if the front will go into low or high, it is possible it has already been modified.

For 2 high the "rear" rail will all the way in (to the back of the vehicle) and that "front" rail will be in the middle, also if your hubs are unlocked you can spin the front drive shaft by hand to see if the t-case is engaged.

With the 205 even when the front is in N it will spin as you drive since it is a gear driven case with gear oil in it.

nathan
I kind of miss my 203/205...

I don't think I have ever seen a stock shift setup for a 205.

On my ford 205 the stick closest to the middle was the "rear" and the stick closes to the front output was "front" I did the shift rail grinding and seem to remember that the rails pushed in are as posted, all the way out low, middle N, and all the way in high.

I found that I could put a screw driver through the hole on the shift rail and shift them, you could un-bolt the linkage, put the rear in N and see if the front will go into low or high, it is possible it has already been modified.

For 2 high the "rear" rail will all the way in (to the back of the vehicle) and that "front" rail will be in the middle, also if your hubs are unlocked you can spin the front drive shaft by hand to see if the t-case is engaged.

With the 205 even when the front is in N it will spin as you drive since it is a gear driven case with gear oil in it.

nathan
I kind of miss my 203/205...

well thats what i thought at first , that this was a twin stick 205 , but when i popped my head under there the 205 wasnt split like normal , and thats when i put two and two together , the other stick was to control the 203 you can see the adapter and such but then i was well why didnt they split the 205 ? i just figure since the rig being a automatic , they felt that it didnt need to