nv4500 experts...

choptopbII

So i picked up this brand new Nv4500 for a killer deal for my cummins swap on my chevy truck, Its a chevy 2wd model.. and i was told it is the "HD'' version with the tailshaft mounted parking brake. (its missing all of that) It also looks like it has a longer tail housing then a typical NV4500. But my question is... is there any way i can get away from using the parking brake? I haven't really been able to find much online... I dont really need it. I'm planning on running a divorced 205 out of a early dodge truck.. if that helps... Thanks guys. :confused:

choptopbII

Neither. I dont need the Tailshaft mounted parking brake. I already have a parking brake... I'm wondering if there is a way i can convert it to not have the parking brake anymore.

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
Can you just ditch the drum? Looks like you can just unbolt it and run the yoke.

IF the length is bugging you for some reason, you have to swap the tailshaft and housing out to a shorter one, and it costs money. ;)

choptopbII

Pretty sure i probably can. I dont have the yoke or the drum or anything though. So i was wondering if there was a different yoke i can use or something. I'm thinking about just selling this one and trying to find a different one.

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
I'd have to check to be sure but I think you can just run it w/out the drum. Six States should have the yoke you need.

If they don't, there's a place online that has a ton of NV4500 parts, I bought their excellent manual. I'll get you a link tonight and post it here.

SAVAGE

I think this is away from what you are wanting to do...but im pretty sure you could swap on a 4x4 tail housing and run a gm np205 from a th400. If your nv4500 is a hd it will have a 32 spline output shaft and the th400 version np205s have a 32 spline female input shaft. The bolt patterns should even be the same. And that would only work if your running a pass side pumpkin axle. That would also be a lot shorter than running a divorced transfercase. If the nv4500 tail shaft isnt 32 spline I hear they are a swap in procedure also. hope that helps