Obligatory is AF Canyon Open Thread?

pELYgroso

'Merica
doubt it...with all the snow we've had late in the year, they may not open it until mid-june depending on the snow melt this month

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
Yeah I've got some friends that are planning their yearlier ATV trip up to Forest Lake on Memorial Day. I'm afraid they will be sorely dissapointed. They asked me if I wanted to go again and of course I said "No, I'm going to MOAB."

strangeKowboy

Oops i did it again
took a drive to tibble a week or so ago and you look up the road and see 5' drifts on the road i am guessing it going to be a long long time before they open it up. There is alot of snow

ret32

Yeah I've got some friends that are planning their yearlier ATV trip up to Forest Lake on Memorial Day."

Resource damage is fun for everyone.

Woohoo, wheel it til it's closed!

http://www.fs.usda.gov/wps/portal/fsinternet/!ut/p/c5/04_SB8K8xLLM9MSSzPy8xBz9CP0os3gDfxMDT8MwRydLA1cj72BTS0djAwgAykeaxRtBeY4WBv4eHmF-YT4GMHn8usNB9uHXDzYBB3A00PfzyM9N1S_IjTDIMnFUBAA3Zibt/dl3/d3/L2dJQSEvUUt3QS9ZQnZ3LzZfMjAwMDAwMDBBODBPSEhWTjJNMDAwMDAwMDA!/?navtype=BROWSEBYSUBJECT&cid=STELPRDB5288362&navid=180000000000000&pnavid=null&ss=110419&position=News&ttype=detail

Being Responsible While Using Wet Trails On Uinta-Wasatch-Cache National Forest

Release Date: Mar 29, 2011

Contact(s): Loyal Clark

LOCAL FOREST REMINDS TRAIL USERS OF RESPONSIBLE RIDING TIPS

Pleasant Grove, Utah, March 25, 2011 - Each year when “Spring Fever” catches up with trail users, they head to their local National Forest to recreate. As the snow begins to melt, and trails become visible, users are eager to access their favorite areas. They may be unaware of damage that can occur if trails are used when wet and muddy.

Utilizing trails with horses, mountain bikes and motorcycles when they are too wet can cause damage that can result in long-term damage. Trail users often think of damage such as holes, mud bogs, and rough tread created by early trail users. These impacts are usually temporary, but the more critical issue is the damage to drainage structures installed to divert water off the trail.

Recreating on wet trails can cause ruts which result in the destruction of drainage structures, and increased erosion. A rutted trail without functional drainage structures funnels water down the trail causing increased rates of erosion. Eventually this will cause the trail to become deeply gullied, or even impassable, if left unrepaired.

While most of the higher elevation trails are still under snow, some trails accessed via the Alpine Loop will be affected by a wet weather trail closure this spring. Users should watch for posted closure signs, or contact the Pleasant Grove Ranger District office, 801-785-3563, for current trail closures.

Remember the Following Tips:

* Be responsible and stay off trails when they are too wet to ride.
* Research trail conditions and current closures before you head out.
* If you find yourself on a trail that is too wet, turn around and find an alternate route.
* This information doesn’t just apply to the spring, after rain storms and late fall are other times when trail conditions may not be right for riding.

###

Kiel

Formerly WJ ZUK
Blah. The only way to ensure protection is closure. Close it all!

sorry you need to spend the majority of your time in the state to have an opinion. Your opinion has been declined:cody: Texas would be thrilled to hear your opinion on public land.....oops too late