OBS vs SuperDuty 7.3

SLC97SR5

IDIesel
Gorgeous.

Honestly, I think I would freshen up and flip the SD and find a clean bed for the OBS.

The market is extremely hot for either truck right now but you know the minor issues with your OBS and the potential profit would go a long way with additional upgrades, sound proofing and continued maintenance.

If the OBS were a long bed I would definitely be pushing for you to keep the SD so I could buy the '96, a rare configuration indeed!

Toad

Gorgeous.

Honestly, I think I would freshen up and flip the SD and find a clean bed for the OBS.

The market is extremely hot for either truck right now but you know the minor issues with your OBS and the potential profit would go a long way with additional upgrades, sound proofing and continued maintenance.

If the OBS were a long bed I would definitely be pushing for you to keep the SD so I could buy the '96, a rare configuration indeed!

Thanks!!

Honestly I think I would have hard time letting my obs go. I bought it when it was bone stock. When I bought it the market was down. Paid 6500 bucks for it :) When I bought it had sat on KSL for several months. The po had some ugly wheels, wide stainless steel mud flaps, and nerf bars on it. It had no appeal. I had my mind set that I wanted a crew cab short bed obs. Not a easy truck to find. Once I realized that it just needed a little removal of some bling. I was amazed at the shape it was in when I went to drive it the first time. Truck has been great. Extremely reliable. I would not hesitate to jump in this truck and travel anywhere in it.

I got smokin deal on the Superduty. Truck had been sitting for 6 months or so. I was told it had a rod knock. Well 2 hours worth of work and some parts that I already had it runs great again. I will make a nice chunk of change on the superduty.

Rot Box

Diesel and Dust
When I bought it the market was down. Paid 6500 bucks for it :)

:eek: Wow you couldn't touch that truck for $6500 in todays market.

I paid $5000 for my IDI and had to fight for it. Zero rust..... Now six years later it's full of it :rolleyes: Beds are common enough you could probably find another clean one somewhere.
3501.jpg

Toad

Figured I would post a update. I sold my obs back in March. I have put 15,000 miles on the superduty already. The super duty is all around a more refined truck. Better visibility. Better steering, brakes, and suspension. My OBS made more power with the upgraded injectors in it. The obs had 4.10 gears the super duty is 3.73. I have learned that a 7.3 likes to run about 2200-2300 rpm. In my OBS this is 70 mph. In the super duty this is 80 mph. This is good and bad. If I am empty or towing 7k and under not really a problem. When I hook up my fifth wheel I don't like to tow that heavy at 80mph. So at 70mph it feels like I am lugging the truck a bit.

So I have to plan to overcome this. Truck has a upgraded transmission in it. Mishimoto 6.0 trans cooler. Current mods are 6637 intake, MBRP 4 inch, and PHP hydra chip. Air dog 4G fuel system. So recently I developed a oil leak at the turbo. I thought about doing a deleted pedestal, upgraded wheel, and reseal and run it. But that is not any fun. So I ordered a KC turbos KC38r with .84 housing with a deleted pedestal. Turbo is still in the box I need to get it installed. Next purchase will be a set of 160 cc injectors with a 30 percent nozzle (160/30). I am hoping for 350-375 rear wheel horse that I can tow with. Should make for a great tow truck at that point.