October 20th Trip

rdneckride

I am looking to go out and enjoy my first day off in the last seven weeks on the 20th. So far the weather is looking to be good and well aside from the archery hunt I have not had the Suzuki off road. I am thinking about going up AF canyon or anyplace within say 45-60 minutes of Spanish Fork. I'd like to have others go so I can meet some of the other RME members and so my boy and I are not out alone. PM me if you are interested and I will give you my number so we can talk and make a plan that is set in something more permanent than sand.

rdneckride Eric

Omgbecki

I'm from up north and have never done anywhere south. What kind of trails are these? Not to hard but interesting enough?

rdneckride

I am not sure really. I have not been in either area since I left for the army, Ten years ago. I hear sixstringsteve talking about AF canyon and such. some areas are not too bad nice dirt trails and some are where you want to have sliders. I should have mine done before Thursday now that I have the metal and just need to prep and weld them on after student teaching Monday and Wednesday. Little moab i do not think I have ever been to unless it was by accident when hunting coyote.

rdneckride

Let us meet up at 11am at the tibble fork parking area that morning in American Fork Canyon. You will not be able to miss the Tonka. We can then head up from there. If you need directions text of call me after 5pm today or tomorrow.

eight zero one 471 eight eight five three

Eric
Corrected the location to meet

Last edited:

chans

I'm going to try to make it if I don't go up elk hunting tomorrow. Just curious, where is Silver Lake Flat?

rdneckride

Sorry my bad. Tibble fork p[arking area. Also I forgot to mention if anyone wants to join us i think we will stop on nthe trail and cook up some dogs. we have bund and dogs, but if you don't mind bring some drinks or chips or something. Thanks.

sixstringsteve

what trail are you guys doing? I can't make it, so take lots of pics for me!

Just a reminder to all: see how much trash you can pick up, and help other people remember to stay on the trail. If you see anyone driving IN forest lake, get a pic of their license plate and email it to the ranger. I LOVE AF canyon and if we lose our access up there it'll be a huge blow to me and every wheeler in Utah.

Last edited:

Medsker

2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I'll meet you up there. I'll be driving a blue Dodge 2500 Power Wagon. I'll bring some chips and a few sodas.

Medsker

Medsker

2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
No one showed. Waited around till 20 after 11 then drove up the canyon for a few pics of the changing leaves and then went home.

rdneckride

Made it up about 1145 had to make sure OMGBECKI made it tot he correct exit plus my son and i had a few stops for batteries. Sorry we missed you MED.... We drove up the main road and made the left at Mary ellen gulch. We drove up top the mines and ate lunch up there. The main trail up the canyon was very busy with quads, side by sides, and dirtbikes. Stopping in most places on the main trail was fairly dangerious. Once on the trail to Marry ellen gulch FS trail 111 we did not see another vehicle untill our way back. Both of our vehicles did great and we both had one or two spots that anything underneath scraped. I am happy with my cheap sliders and how well they worked. With my Zuki being only on 215-75-15's I think I only hit about three times total. I noticed that the lifted jeep that OMGBECKI was driving bumped twice. Though he was taking a rougher line than me in the pleaces he bumped. Can't wait till the wife gets me my new tiers for christmas. It would be a welcome addition.

The manualy steering on my Zuki with the locker was a work out and I may feel it in the am but I was surprised how often I could just let the vehicle ride the trail and it would stay on track and not have a problem staying on the trail. Here are the images that my 7 year old boy took. I have weeded out all the scenery and blurry stuff.

Attachments

• DSCF0374.jpg
    DSCF0374.jpg
    171.4 KB · Views: 7
  • DSCF0406.jpg
    DSCF0406.jpg
    205.9 KB · Views: 6
  • DSCF0462.jpg
    DSCF0462.jpg
    193.3 KB · Views: 7
  • DSCF0463.jpg
    DSCF0463.jpg