Off Road Classifieds???

Evolved

Less-Known Member
Reaching to the forum to get recommendations for a friend...

I know back in the day if you had a vehicle/project you were looking to unload you'd jump on Pirate. I haven't been on Pirate for... well... maybe a year if not more. I assume that is the case with many others therefore turning the classifieds to a ghost town. I know Facebooks Marketplace is the new go-to to sell crawlers and anything for that matter. My buddy reached out to me get some direction on where to go since I used to spend a lot of time scouring the Pirate classifieds and other forums for parts and such. With that forum dying a slow death and me avoiding Facebook at all costs I get to turn to you guys for help.

He is building a very detailed Scrambler back to it's (almost) original condition with 78K on the original motor. I haven't seen the Jeep for years but he is very meticulous and I assume that if it wasn't a good condition original part it has been replaced with brand new. I only give that bit of info because he is looking to get between 18K and 20K for it (it is not a finished complete car though). I told him to get ready for the internet comments of being priced too high and he is ready for that.

So... where on Facebook should he look to sell it? Any ideas?

Thanks in advance for the help!

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
Irate4x4 is the new/replacement for Pirate. 🙂
Not sure if their classified section gets the traffic PBB did or not....

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
Nate runs a pretty rad site that does this. (At least I think he still runs it?)
Thanks Shane! I still run it and one of the reasons sellers are attracted to it is that people can't comment on the price without actually messaging the seller. Nothing is worse than trying to sell something and having everybody in the world comment on how the seller is high for asking so much etc... ugh.

People occasionally try to make such comments on my social media posts but I delete them so swiftly that they've pretty much given up. A couple people have taken issue with that, argued with me and whatnot so I did the reasonable thing and bopped them on the head with the ban hammer :rofl:

Evolved

Less-Known Member
Thanks Shane! I still run it and one of the reasons sellers are attracted to it is that people can't comment on the price without actually messaging the seller. Nothing is worse than trying to sell something and having everybody in the world comment on how the seller is high for asking so much etc... ugh.

People occasionally try to make such comments on my social media posts but I delete them so swiftly that they've pretty much given up. A couple people have taken issue with that, argued with me and whatnot so I did the reasonable thing and bopped them on the head with the ban hammer :rofl:
I told him about RCFS (I follow you on the IG's). His concern was that it was more of a show or restoration type Jeep and less of a rock crawler. My response was why limit your exposure? He agreed, so it will likely end up on RCFS. He knows the market for his scrambler is a smaller one and he is looking to find that "one guy". He needs it to get views from as many platforms as possible around the country to find that "one guy".

So, back to the original question. Is there a Facebook group that anyone knows about that may specialize in vintage or older Jeeps (possibly CJ specific)? Or, would it be best to tell him to do his own research?!? Hahah

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
I told him about RCFS (I follow you on the IG's). His concern was that it was more of a show or restoration type Jeep and less of a rock crawler. My response was why limit your exposure? He agreed, so it will likely end up on RCFS. He knows the market for his scrambler is a smaller one and he is looking to find that "one guy". He needs it to get views from as many platforms as possible around the country to find that "one guy".

So, back to the original question. Is there a Facebook group that anyone knows about that may specialize in vintage or older Jeeps (possibly CJ specific)? Or, would it be best to tell him to do his own research?!? Hahah
A quick search for CJ specific or even Scrambler specific FB groups would be a wise time investment.