Off-Road Engineering in No. SLC

Floppy Hat

mbryson's hairdresser
Never heard of them, looks like they enjoy those "unique" projects:

lifol.jpg

tv_larsen

BTW, the reason I ask is one of their employees is selling a (stock) truck that I'm interested in. I've never heard of the shop before, and I'm curious about they're basic reputation.

ace

Parts Collector
Yup, they built that for the Smith Sunglasses co. for an x game road show type of thing. Basically a limo body mounted on a ford 350 4x4 chassis. I have no affiliation with the shop other than I stopped by and got to wander around the shop for a while. I don't think they do rock buggies but there were some nice FJ's and stuff inside.

Stumper

Re

I have been in there plenty of times, and know Ash, the owner, and a couple of the other guys. They do mostly cruiser work, reskins, driveline, motor, ect. They do a lot of project stuff as well for customers, like the Smith limo for last years X-games. They have a big Unimog in there now they are working on for a customer. They are pretty good guys, from what I have dealt with. They have quite a bit of cruiser parts, lots of misc stuff. Prices are decent, and they will usually work with you. My buddy had his 82 FJ re-skinned there about 5 years ago, under different management at that time. They did a decent job, but not perfect.
From what I have seen on the trucks that are in there, they do a decent job, but I havent had really all that much experience with them, other then seeing if they have Cruiser parts that I am looking for.
HTH.

Russell

eg40

i wouldn't go there. last year i spent 8000.00 for a turn key and i still can't drive it and they act like it is my problem. they were ok to work with there on the slow side. some of the things they do are good but it seems to me they miss dotting there i's and crossing their t's. i should take mine back and have them fix it but don't want it screwed up anymore then it already is. but on their side you get what you pay for

tv_larsen

Ash seemed like a nice, honest guy. He wouldn't take a deposit on the truck last Thursday, and then on Friday, after I had the loan approved, and was only waiting on two completed forms from him so we could close the loan... he left me a voice mail to tell me that he decided to sell the truck to his nephew. :confused:

Thats my experience with him and his shop.

eg40

they are nice guys and seem to be very honest i just think they dont pay much attention to the fine details. one example is they put a rear reciver hitch on and it is not paralle with the frame in the 2 inches that the tube it is off 1/4 of an inch