Off the jack stands...

RockRoach

well, i'm coming close to finishing the toyota axle swap into my samurai, all i have left to do is install new front brake lines, buy steering parts, and get the 5.71 gears installed in the rear 3rd member, and also buy a locker for the rear. here's a couple pics...

it just doesn't look the same without the 35's :rofl:

J

jeff cardall

lookin good:D boy do i miss that thing:( thats ok the new one should be done around march:D

J

jeff cardall

i only went thru one shaft in the 8 months i had it and i did some heavy duty wheelin:eek:

J

jeff cardall

yeah i know that:rolleyes: thats nuthin compared to southern utah thats where i broke my first shaft good trails down there mineral basin is nuthin thats just a good close to home weekend trip.....id be willing to bet you'll never work that sammy as hard as i did we put it to the max many times :D you dont even know what it can do yet its been up on stands every since you bought it get it going so we can go wheeling and show you what it can do;)

J

jeff cardall

the new axels should be better than stock sammy ones 35's was pushing it on those little sammy axles get a pic of that drive line in the rear would like to see how it works with center diff never seen one done heard of it but never seen what the drivelines look like:D but looking great keep it up and you will be on the trail in no time:p .....oh yeah those little tires look better than those 35;) ;) :rofl: think ya should leave it:eek: ;)

J

jeff cardall

Originally posted by jeepin junkie
what trail did you break the axle on? just curious. i'm lookin' forward to beatin it on the trails, hopefully it's as good as you say it is :p
down in laverikin about 20 miles before st george trail dont have a name was just a old mining trail that went up a river bed the trail was for rigs like shawns,jamesk's rigs shut the sammy down real quick. rocks were bigger than the sammy it was wild thats where the shaft got messed had to rent a trailer and bring it home:mad: some day i will do that trail:D ........oh yeah i promise with 571's in diff's and 4:1 t-case it will go you will be happy:cool:

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Originally posted by jeff cardall
down in laverikin about 20 miles before st george trail dont have a name was just a old mining trail that went up a river bed the trail was for rigs like shawns,jamesk's rigs shut the sammy down real quick. rocks were bigger than the sammy it was wild thats where the shaft got messed had to rent a trailer and bring it home:mad: some day i will do that trail:D ........oh yeah i promise with 571's in diff's and 4:1 t-case it will go you will be happy:cool:

Sounds like 'The Wrecking Yard' aka 'Dark Canyon.' I haven't ran it, but I've heard it can be a all day trail, if you have problems. It's right off the Freeway, right?

NC Zuk

Bootylicious!!!
Man that is sweet! I think Yota axles or any axles are the second best mod you can do to a Sammi. The first being a roll cage. I can't wait to swap in some axles in the future, should be fun!!!

J

jeff cardall

Originally posted by Greg

Sounds like 'The Wrecking Yard' aka 'Dark Canyon.' I haven't ran it, but I've heard it can be a all day trail, if you have problems. It's right off the Freeway, right?
you be right my uncle lives down there and showed us the trail its wild

utahxjer

Originally posted by jeff cardall
id be willing to bet you'll never work that sammy as hard as i did we put it to the max many times :D

I bet you didn't say that to jeepin junkie, when he was buying it from you:D :p

RockRoach

Originally posted by NC Zuk
Man that is sweet! I think Yota axles or any axles are the second best mod you can do to a Sammi. The first being a roll cage. I can't wait to swap in some axles in the future, should be fun!!!

thanks, it's been fun, this is the first real project i've wrenched on so i'm learning a lot