Offroad Expo...

Caleb

Well, I went today and I gotta say, what a disappointment. There was hardly any vendors there, I'd say approximately 30 but a good portion (probably 30%) of them were just the booths trying to sell ya stuff (sunglasses, glasses cleaner, etc). At $10 a person to get in it was not in the least bit worth it. Although the trials demo was pretty sweet :D

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
We almost went down there today, but got caught up in some other important stuff... I think we are going to be there tomarrow, since we already have tickets.

That sucks that you didn't like it... now I'm wondering. O-well, something to do!

bobmed

- - - -
I went down there today and it seemed like the hall was only
half full. Iguess that makes me a pessamist.:p
Hopefully it gets better for next year.
I joined U4WDA while I was there and got some
info so not a complete waste of time.

Caleb

bobmed said:
I went down there today and it seemed like the hall was only
half full. Iguess that makes me a pessamist.:p
Hopefully it gets better for next year.
I joined U4WDA while I was there and got some
info so not a complete waste of time.
This was my same thought, they only used half the Expo center (if that) and it was only half full (like you said). It was still something to do though :D There was some very nice rigs there so it was a little entertaining in that aspect :p

I guess I just had high hopes, I was hoping to see some big (out-of-state) vendors there. They play it up like it's huge, like a mini SEMA but really I think I saw more rec vehicles, toys, etc (general offroad stuff) at the RV show :(

waynehartwig

www.jeeperman.com
I didn't hear about it until a few weeks ago, or I would have put up a booth there. Oh well... Maybe next year! Too bad it was dissapointing....

Caleb

This is kinda how it seemed, I heard a bunch of other shops were going to be there but they none of them were there :confused: I don't know if shops backed out at the last minute or??? The only shop really that I can think of was Rocklogic...

EDIT: I don't consider 4WPW, Nitto Tires, Tuff Country, etc to be shops :D

embabe

My own epidemic!
Well, I was going to go down, but I ended up being completely busy with other things. Sounds like I didn't miss too much. Just so you know though, the other half of the expo was being used for the Bridal show extravaganza or something like that, which was the other reason my friends and I would have gone... two birds with one stone! ;)

Caleb

-_- yeah, I know...I came out to my car and found some stupid leaflet on my windshield for a photographer.

and actually, my mom and sister were at the bridal show while we were at the offroad show :p

Kiel

Formerly WJ ZUK
Yeah it was sorta a dissapointment for me also, but I also caught 2 guys checking to see if cars were unlocked:mad2: They were acting like they were walking to their car but they were just flickinhg door handles down the rows. When I parked in front of them I yelled at their asses, they took off running. Plus then when I got back out I got some stupid leaf let for some miracle gas saving pill.:rofl:

AINT SKEERED

Balls to the Walls
I went and liked it. I saw Clay Egans rig, and the man himself. I also saw what I believe to have been Carl's buggy. The Ford on 49's kinda turned me off of the show though.

Kiel

Formerly WJ ZUK
com'n man that thing had clear gears diff. covers. You can't get any cooler then that:eek:

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
AINT SKEERED said:
I went and liked it. I saw Clay Egans rig, and the man himself. I also saw what I believe to have been Carl's buggy. The Ford on 49's kinda turned me off of the show though.
Carl's buggy is in Georgia, or something like that. Was the buggy you saw in the RockLogic booth? Prolly was Von's new four-seater.

Caleb

Yeah, Carl's definitely wasn't there. Von's four seater was in their booth, Clay's, Bart's, and one other was in the UROC area (single seater rig).

AINT SKEERED

Balls to the Walls
RockMonkey said:
Carl's buggy is in Georgia, or something like that. Was the buggy you saw in the RockLogic booth? Prolly was Von's new four-seater.

Huh, guess it wasn't.

It was over by Clay's in the competition area. One seater, blue and orange, Nissan esque grill.

Cherokeester

We went up there last night and after what was down in Moab last week, this was pretty much a let down. The advertising touted it as a major big event but it wasn't. It was good to see Kurt and the U4 guys however.

BLH

I thought it sucked also! But I wasn't suprise, since it just after EJS. I got question that has bugged me for long time. That Buggy in lobby before you enter, how can it legally be licienced in the State of Utah, with not fenders, mudflap's, ect. When I could get my TJ to pass, cause my tire stuckout couple inchs and I didn't have mudflaps.

rockreligious

NoEcoNaziAmmo
BLH said:
I thought it sucked also! But I wasn't suprise, since it just after EJS. I got question that has bugged me for long time. That Buggy in lobby before you enter, how can it legally be licienced in the State of Utah, with not fenders, mudflap's, ect. When I could get my TJ to pass, cause my tire stuckout couple inchs and I didn't have mudflaps.

Bitter, you must have had the same trouble our group had at EJS, several of us got pulled over and questioned and Cited on how it was we were able to get inspected and registered. the law was on a rampage and I think they were after the inspection shops. It will likely make it harder for everyone to get inspected next year..sorry off topic.