Offroad & Recreational Ethics

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
I came across this on the U4WDA site and thought it was worth posting here. Spring is around the corner and many of us will be hitting the Trails in force, so please keep the following in mind.

To see it on the U4WDA site, go to- Ethics

Code of Recreational Ethics-

(The following items have been recommended for all BlueRibbon affiliations for adoption.)

U4WDA supports and encourages the following Code of Recreational Ethics.

1- I will respect the rights of all recreationists to enjoy the beauty of the outdoors. I will respect public and private property.

2- I will park considerately, taking no more space than needed, without blocking other vehicles and without impeding access to trails.

3- I will keep to the right when meeting another recreationist. I will yield the right-of-way to traffic moving uphill.

4- I will slow down and use caution when approaching or overtaking another.

5- I will respect designated areas, trail-use signs and established trails.

6- When stopping I will not block the trail.

7- I will not disturb wildlife. I will avoid areas posted for the protection of feeding wildlife.

8- I will pack out everything I packed in and will not litter.

9- I realize that my destination objective and travel speed should be determined by my equipment, ability, the terrain, weather, and the traffic on the trail. In case of an emergency, I will volunteer assistance.

10- I will not interfere with or harass others. I recognize that people judge all trail users by my action. Motorized trail users should pull off the trail and stop their engines when encountering horseback riders. It is also a good idea to take off your helmet and greet the riders.

Shawn

Just Hanging Out
I totally agree with this.

Except,
It is also a good idea to take off your helmet and greet the riders.

I will keep my helmet on and waive.

:)

Caleb

I too agree with them totally...

BTW not to get off topic but does anyone wear a helmet while Wheelin(not wit ATVs, but rather your Jeep, Cruisers,..etc) guys had started talking about doing this on POR a while back and was wondering if anyone here did...

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Notice how rules #2 and #4 talk about the proper way to park... I couldn't agree more...

Great set of ethics... all the newbie wheelers should have to memorize them...;)

P

pokeyYJ

I might were a helmet if I toke off my roll bar padding. That looks like it could REALLY hurt if you wacked for head on the roll bar while wheeling!

jeepconvert

CERTIFIED NUT CASE
another good ideal is to let ATV enthusist pass you or anyone else for that matter if you are moving at a slower rate of speed. :cool:

sukaB

Banned
Amen,

These rules also apply to jeep newbies and anyone else that forgets how to drive on the street in the fast lane.
Get the hell out of the way of a speeding diesel truck with trailer or it'll be be your ass.........
Just because there's a trailer attached don't mean piss....
MOVE......
Thank you drive thru-----

Attachments

• badassbuddy_com-stilsmokin.gif
    badassbuddy_com-stilsmokin.gif
    4.6 KB · Views: 89

1\4elliptic toy

shenanigans!
Originally posted by sukaB
Amen,

These rules also apply to jeep newbies and anyone else that forgets how to drive on the street in the fast lane.
Get the hell out of the way of a speeding diesel truck with trailer or it'll be be your ass.........
MOVE......

What do you know about ethic's??? :D

This just in recent footage of suka at the u of u dorms:D

Attachments

• badassbuddy_com-stealpanty.gif
    badassbuddy_com-stealpanty.gif
    3.2 KB · Views: 86
P

pokeyYJ

Oh yeah man the Jeep works great for toke'n stuff. ESP. when you get pulled over and the cop asks you were the pipe is.

Man I am hungry!

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
Amen,

MOVE......
you of course knew that it's illegal to tow in the left lane if there are mor than two lanes?

P

pokeyYJ

So...
If pokey can do 55 in them I can go in there too..

Hey man this is Utah I can drive wherever I damn well please! Ha HA!

Besides, My favorite thing to do is drive real slow in the fast lane and then turn my blinker on like I am looking for a left hand exit.

That way I can look in my rearview and see guys like Suka saying "Turn off the blinker or move outa my damn way!!"

Oh the shades of red people turn!:p

sukaB

Banned
Ohh I don't get pissed i just give yah WHAT I LIKE TO CALL......

THE TRAILER WHIP.............hehehehe

If you recover your vehicle from the grass in the middle of the highway then your worthy of traveling further down the roadway,
BUT trust me..
You'll remember that dodge grill in your rearview....

I actually trailer whipped a semi so close we hit once...hehehehe
I love towing...

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
you should try pullin triples Suka, they always wag, in fact they are known as wiggle wagons. the smart people don't stay beside you on the highway.:D