ogden offroader

spencevans

Overlander
Welcome to the club, I love those old 6.2 diesels. I have been looking for a clean stock 6.2 for years that I can restore to original specs. Post up pics when you get a chance.

jinxspot

~ Bush Eater's Offroad ~
Welcome to the board man!

I owned 1ton burb with 6.2 and banks turbo...

What are some of your favorite trips or locations to recreate? Have any pics?

6.2Diesel

Yeah, it's funny how so many people dog the motors but really it's a great option for crawling, I don't think hp is much over 130 but the torque is in the 230 I believe, I can wheel nearly all day on 5 gallons of gas, parts are easy to get, replacement engines are even cheaper, I just swapped to the j code engine for less than 500 bucks. I'll admit she is slow on the road but off road I have the sm465 and the np208, crawling in granny low is awesome.
I have been hitting jeep safari the last three years, I've been doing a lot of trail runs up above kaysville and some trail runs behind Brigham, lots of time at 5 mile and little moab, I'm trying to put together a utah BDR run to do this year, probably just run the east side. Like I said I lived in Provo but with all the students it's hard to find people to wheel with, it's looking like there is a lot more potential up here as far as wheeling partners. If any of you are looking for someone to go do a trail run, I'm defiantly in.

OrvisKrawler

Captain Obvious
Saw your truck at trail ridge on 12th street, very well built truck, if you ever want another full size guy to wheel with let me know, im just up the canyon in Eden