OHV permit needed for CO

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Ridiculous, hope Utah doesn't follow suit at what an obviously easy revenue source. That said if a higher percentage (like 90%) of the money went to proactive land use avenues I could support it.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
It's stupid... just another way for the Government to take more of your money. :rolleyes: I'm NOT tagging my bikes, they're plated... Eff 'em. -_--_- They'll have catch me to hand out a ticket.

Funny how they don't mention how the Government tried to rob money from the OHV program's funds, for use in non-OHV areas.

Chevycrew

Oregon has required ohv tags on all vehicles used in recreation areas (like the dunes) for many, many years. Even plated.

just another way for the Government to take more of your money.

Or a way to get badly needed funds to properly manage OHV recreation and thereby prevent closure.

I'm NOT tagging my bikes, they're plated...

Reinforcing the image of irresponsible users can't be a positive solution.

When we're done taking back Utah, I guess we need to get started on taking back Colorado too.

Funny how they don't mention how the Government tried to rob money from the OHV program's funds, for use in non-OHV areas.

Indeed. Hopefully this isn't attempted in CO as it was in other states.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Or a way to get badly needed funds to properly manage OHV recreation and thereby prevent closure.

Reinforcing the image of irresponsible users can't be a positive solution.

When we're done taking back Utah, I guess we need to get started on taking back Colorado too.

Indeed. Hopefully this isn't attempted in CO as it was in other states.

See my last sentence, millions of dollars in OHV funds were nearly robbed for 'wilderness' lands in CO, paid by OHV users. If I pay for a tag (which is not needed, if you're plated, IMO), then the funds DAMN well better be used for OHV improvements. Sending my OHV money to be used for wilderness is absurd.

More here- http://www.advrider.com/forums/showpost.php?p=11187470&postcount=397

You're entitled to your opinion, I think its a bullshit law. :cody: