OHV Registration

krazz1e

I've searched on this and I think I know the procedure but anyone who has done this please confirm so I don't waste all day running around.

1) go to DMV with picture of OHV and title
2) they will issue papers for new VIN and i must sign over title for a new title
3) take the new VIN and put it on the truck
4) call out the local police to inspect it and sign off on papers (which DMV will provide) that new vin is on truck
5) go back to DMV with paper signed by officer and get stickers pay fee of $65~ or so.

Is that right? I read someone a while ago that i might be able to trailer my rig down and do everything right then and there.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

richpblaze

Take the title to DMV

they will give you a new vin, install said vin. Take the vehicle back to the DMV have it inspected ( Show the vin has been properly installed ) wella you get your sticker.

toys4rocks

I didn't mean to do that!
If you go to the one on Redwood, you can kill 2 birds with one stone. Sandy PD is right behind the DMV. This is if you trailer your rig, of course. I just loaded my junk on the trailer, took a drill and assorted drill bits, had the vin verified at the PD station, went into the DMV, had the girl watch me put the Vin on, and left with my new registration. Total time was less than one hour.