Ok guys, I need you brains for a 383 stroker

My-yota

E-bays #1 customer
This is the deal I got a 75 block from a corvettte, and I want to stroke it and use tuned port injection from a 92 corvette, what do you suggest on what to buy? I bought this kit from a guy on Ebay last week and I need ideas on Cam shaft(what duration to use) It's going on a 93 YJ. I will use a 700R4 transmission and a 300 transfercase. Is there anyone that has done this similar build-up? What to avoid? Suggestions on performance parts?

Attachments

• ee_1_b.JPG
    ee_1_b.JPG
    19.2 KB · Views: 15

My-yota

E-bays #1 customer
The picture is what I got off E-bay. I couldn't believe how cheap this was!!! The lower intake is new, goes for 500$ at TPI specialties, the runners and upper intake is ported and polished, all for 350$! Only problem is I didn"t get the wiring or computer,sensors that the expensive part!

My-yota

E-bays #1 customer
I bought the block for 50$ Never been rebuilt so I imagine there will be alot of parts to replace. What should I do Port the heads, Know any secrets on this?

Milner

formerly "rckcrlr"
Maybe we can get Parker out of hiding for this???? Parker please pick up the white paging phone!!;)

Parker first did a 350 with the tp and then switched that to a 383.
IIRC you will need bigger injectors to feed the displacement. And you will have to open up a couple of the bolt holes on the lower intake. the older heads have a slightly different bolt placement.
Also contact Howells or Arizona Speed about a custom chip to optimize things. As for a cam, I can't suggest exact numbers, but something classified as an RV cam will most likely be what you want.

My-yota

E-bays #1 customer
The intake that I have does work for the older heads also. And that would be nice if there is someone out there that did the same swap! I don't want to pay some guy to program my ECM when I can do it myself. Have you guys heard of xtronics! http://www.xtronics.com/memory/EPROM.htm That is the web site to make your own Eproms, (or little chips that make your computer work) If so how easy is it to do? This stuff gets confusing to me! The big problem I see with this project is emissions! Skip all the big laws, I just want it to pass as if it was the orignal 4.0 inline.

Anyone?

Ohms

'Poser Wheeler
Alright..Your gonna need a cam with the proper lope/duration so it doesn't interfere with the sensors,computer. Do yourself a favor and get a mild cam. Don't run a huge pro mod cam. Call Summit they have packages with everything you need.

Are you assembling the motor yourself or are you working with a machine shop?

My-yota

E-bays #1 customer
Ohms said:
Alright..Your gonna need a cam with the proper lope/duration so it doesn't interfere with the sensors,computer. Do yourself a favor and get a mild cam. Don't run a huge pro mod cam. Call Summit they have packages with everything you need.

Are you assembling the motor yourself or are you working with a machine shop?

i will do doing most of it at home. But will have it machined at a shop. The cam I got on E-bay is a 244/244 cam. So it's a very mid cam.
Is it possible to get 450 HP out of this motor?

My-yota

E-bays #1 customer
My-yota said:
i will do doing most of it at home. But will have it machined at a shop. The cam I got on E-bay is a 244/244 cam. So it's a very mid cam.

The computers binary files has been changed for the stroker, but I"m stillnot sure what type of injectors to use.

Ohms

'Poser Wheeler
Ok..Here'ss what I did. Call and talk to Jim Shoffner at Arizona Speed and Marine. They are probably the best Fuel Injection guys around and are GM authorized to do swaps on brand new cars/trucks. They can direct you as to which injectors to run and can give you all the technical advice they have.
www.azspeed.com

Arizona Speed and Marine
480-753-0208

SnwMnkys

My-yota said:

Those are advertised duration numbers right? Do you have actual? Also whats the lift and Lobe seperation angle?

harkinoff

something to do...
Diddo on the Summit kit.. Make insure you take it too a great shop and spend the money on a balance job though... It will live a lot longer. Also you may look at spending the extra money on a fluid dampener. The strokers are know for balance issues. Cam like said, go with a good Rv cam for torque.. Nothing that requires a lot of rpm's to get active... Don't forget about the block grinding to clear crank shaft...

skippy

Pretend Fabricator
i would stick with some thing similar to the crane energizer cam part # 270-100052 and if you are running a good set of port and polished heads you can go a litlle bigger than that but not much then you start to have problems with clearance issues

My-yota

E-bays #1 customer
stroker

The cam was for a mild engine from 1500-4000 rpm range. I'm not quite sure still what type of stroker kit to go with but I have been looking for a kit on the net. Here is the website, speedomotive.com Who here has done a stroker before?