• Somehow find a less rusty FJ-60 for around 2500 bucks

Votes: 9 18.8%
  • Other rig ideas, keeping in mind the below listed criteria

Votes: 15 31.3%

• Total voters

Spork

Tin Foil Hat Equipped
Greg said:
I think it would be cool to get a Tacoma that got hit in the rear, ditch the bed for a flatbed and shorten the wheelbase a bit.

Buy a rebuilder Taco, perhaps something that got hit in the back so there's less work for ya. I bet you'd be amazed at how cheap they can be bought. If it's a wheelin' rig and you're just going to abuse it offroad, there's nothing wrong with a salvaged title. If you have the ricer to drive daily, then you could spend the time on getting the work done and making the Taco a capable, reliable and safe rig.
So any idea where to pick something up like this? :greg:

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Spork said:
So any idea where to pick something up like this? :greg:

I'd check out TransWest or Japanese Auto Wrecking in Lehi. TransWest likes to rebuild & sell the ones that aren't wrecked too bad, so there might not be too much selection, but you never know until you try!

anvil

I'll sell you my 87 XJ. It would be a great start for a trail rig. I'd even consider a trade for Waggy. What kind of shape are yours in?

engine - 4.0
rear axle - Dana 44
front axle - Dana 30 high pinion non disconnect
It's got a 2 to 3 inch lift and fairly new 30" ATs

lenny

formerly known as PokeyYJ
anvil said:
I'll sell you my 87 XJ. It would be a great start for a trail rig. I'd even consider a trade for Waggy. What kind of shape are yours in?

engine - 4.0
rear axle - Dana 44
front axle - Dana 30 high pinion non disconnect
It's got a 2 to 3 inch lift and fairly new 30" ATs

Here is a link- the 83 just got a new alternator tonight. And I am buying a rebuild kit for a 208 t-case that I have for it tomarrow

http://www.rockymountainextreme.com/showthread.php?t=26256

mr_blove

ask me if I care
I dont know what the reserve is and it's still got almost a week but all in mind it still might go for cheep????? hopefully :-\

lenny

formerly known as PokeyYJ
Well, I bought a new rig yesterday.
Turns out that I am not as much as a car guy as I thought!! Traded the Focus in, and bought a 1999 Discovery series 1, with a 2.5 OME lift and bilstien shocks, ARB front bumper and a saftey devices roof rack. Hopefully I will be able to pull down high teens mpg on the freeway, and mid-teens around town.

Attachments

• Stuff 001.jpg
    Stuff 001.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 4
  • Stuff 005.jpg
    Stuff 005.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 3