Okay I need eveyone to feel bad for me today...

Rot Box

Diesel and Dust
I hate everything :ugh:

So there I was thinking about how I'm going to cough up the money to replace my Toyota's third member when my wife says "Pooh bear?!? my truck (01 Cummins) needs an oil change, and the wandering down the road has gotten worse". So I go outside in the rain/ice storm, and put the thing up on blocks, drain the oil, and pull the turbo charger intake boot to more easily access the oil filter. WOW there sure is a lot of oil in the turbine housing... OOHHH look at all that slop in the impeller shaft!!! Looks like I need a new one.

Now that the front end is off the ground I’ll check for slop in the front end… Two shot wheel bearings ($450 each :rolleyes:) and 4 blown ball joints ($89 each :rolleyes:)… YES!!!

Poor me waa waa waa boo hoo :D Shoulda bought a Power Stroke :hickey:

Last edited:

gijohn40

too poor to wheel... :(
Your wife sure is hard on that dodge... lol you need to teach her how to do alittle preventive maintenance... like grease gun 101....lol

I've got my girl doing her own oil changes now....

So there I was thinking about how I'm going to cough up the money to replace my Toyota's third member when my wife says "Pooh bear?!?.....

Shoulda bought a Power Stroke :hickey:
Knowing that your wife calls you "Pooh Bear" does indeed make me feel bad for you.

KIDDING! :p

Vehicular issues suck donkey. While I'd have to agree with the statement that you should've bought a Power Stroke, keep in mind that this is coming from the individual who just dumped 4 grand into a new auto tranny on her '01 Power Stroke. Fords still kick ass though. :)

BlackDog

one small mod at a time
Your wife sure is hard on that dodge... lol you need to teach her how to do alittle preventive maintenance... like grease gun 101....lol

I've got my girl doing her own oil changes now....
PM me pointersa or start a thread please.

For someone who took auto shop 5 years ago.. and pulled her own bed for her 73 F250... rebuilt its carb, tuned it, and then untuned it to prove a point/... and then retuned it.

I can't get her to check her own oil....

"thats why I got married " she says.....

I do feel bad for you RotBox... Shoulda kept rolling your IDI's... :greg::rofl:

Couldn't resist, I likem the Cummins....

Rot Box

Diesel and Dust
I'm just going to bite the bullet on the more expensive bearings. I'm scared of Ebay and some auto parts stores because I have a bad history with destroying Chinese bearings in the worst kind of places :-\

Wow, I feel bad for you! :sick:

Hows that VW TDI search coming... :D

Was going excellent untill this little mishap :(

While I'd have to agree with the statement that you should've bought a Power Stroke, keep in mind that this is coming from the individual who just dumped 4 grand into a new auto tranny on her '01 Power Stroke. Fords still kick ass though. :)

I was sold on an 01 PSD-absolutely beautiful truck-untill I heard a mystery knock coming from the oil pan :sick: Not wanting to take the chance I bought this Dodge instead. Sometimes I wonder if I did the right thing :-\

I do feel bad for you RotBox... Shoulda kept rolling your IDI's... :greg::rofl:

Couldn't resist, I likem the Cummins....

The IDI's are awesome! The TTB's tie rods and balljoints are yearly replacement items, but at least they are cheap! :D

Anyway, has anyone rebuilt their own turbo's? I'm thinking that if I can do it myself I could save a ton of cash, but I'm not quite sure what's involved...

mikeh

what bearings are you talking about mine aint the cheap ones but got rid of the piece of crap dodge.

Rot Box

Diesel and Dust
Welp I spent some money today on parts :sick:

I might be opening a can of worms with this purchase, but I ended up finding a really nice used HX35 Hybrid turbo for too good of a deal.

I guess I'll see how well the auto holds up to 38lbs of boost :ugh: