Okay, no more crap... they all match now

Got rid of my mongrel set of tires in favor of a completely matching set... well minus a spare anyway. I put some Maxxis Creepy Crawlers on and man the rock! Love these tires. It will remain to be seen how they wear, I will drive these on the street as well as off road, but so far they are everything Maxxis claims they are.

I spent the day on Saturday up on the rock garden and elsewhere up AF and ran these over every rock I could find. They did not even chunk once, not anywhere, yet they were supple enough to grab on anything I put them up against. This is one very satisfied customer.

Von at Rocklogic got them in for me within a day and the price was great. If you are on the fence about these tires... get off (of the fence), they are superb tires.

-Adam

(Insert photo with proof of four matching tires :)
matching.jpg

Caleb

I really like those tires...if they had a 37-38 available for a 17" rim I think I would have gone that route...:cool:

Mine are 35 X 12.5 X 16... I know they are planning a whole bunch of new sizes, and wheel sizes for the 37inch legal size. Just don't know when they are going to be available.. I was surprised that the size I wanted 35s in 16 inch was already available.

The price I paid ended up being nearly identical to what I would have paid online once shipping was involved. But this route, I got to support a great local shop, got my tires way faster than I would have otherwise and there's a face behind the receipt.

-Adam

Last edited:

grinch

inner city redneck
I really like these tires myself. Im not just saying that because they sponsor Jake and me with the UROC rig. We have found out that the more these tires break in the better they are working.
When My procraps finally give way on my car I will most likely go with the maxxis. For the price you cant beat them. I just hope they have the 37x17 by the time I get to that point....

fattodog

frame cracks= More flex!!
jedijeeper said:
Mine are 35 X 12.5 X 16... I know they are planning a whole bunch of new sizes, and wheel sizes for the 37inch legal size. Just don't know when they are going to be available.. I was surprised that the size I wanted 35s in 16 inch was already available.

The price I paid ended up being nearly identical to what I would have paid online once shipping was involved. But this route, I got to support a great local shop, got my tires way faster than I would have otherwise and there's a face behind the receipt.

-Adam

what kind of price did you end up emptying out of your wallet for these tires? And, Has anyone compared them to the Krawlers? Price/performance? I know everyone lives, breathes, and dies for a chance to run the Krawlers but, the price is getting out of hand. We need more tire competition out there to keep the prices in a range we can all afford. KENNETH !!

grinch

inner city redneck
Im not sure on the exact price but the Maxxis are quite a bit cheaper than the krawlers.... and I mean quite a bit... I like the look of the krawler better but I really do like how the maxxis preforme.

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
COOL! You wanna hate a Liberty, but that thing is too freak'n cool... And now it's even cooler with those tires. They are great tires, I'm glad to see that the word is out and people are starting to buy them. It's so coool to be sponsored by a company that makes a product you can be proud to use. :cool:

grinch

inner city redneck
RockMonkey said:
COOL! You wanna hate a Liberty, but that thing is too freak'n cool... And now it's even cooler with those tires. They are great tires, I'm glad to see that the word is out and people are starting to buy them. It's so coool to be sponsored by a company that makes a product you can be proud to use. :cool:

Ouch hating libertys is not nice. You might have a teamate with a liberty comp car soon..... And he even runs Maxxis..... ;)

fattodog said:
what kind of price did you end up emptying out of your wallet for these tires? And, Has anyone compared them to the Krawlers? Price/performance? I know everyone lives, breathes, and dies for a chance to run the Krawlers but, the price is getting out of hand. We need more tire competition out there to keep the prices in a range we can all afford. KENNETH !!

I am going to assume that I can post the price without causing any trouble... I paid 247.00 each...

BTW, I looked at Carl's on his comp buggy and they are wearing really well... I didn't see any big chunkers out of them anywhere... the only thing I noticed was that they rounded off on the sharp corners that they have when fresh and look a lot like a set of crawlers once they do so.

-Adam

grinch

inner city redneck
jedijeeper said:
I am going to assume that I can post the price without causing any trouble... I paid 247.00 each...

BTW, I looked at Carl's on his comp buggy and they are wearing really well... I didn't see any big chunkers out of them anywhere... the only thing I noticed was that they rounded off on the sharp corners that they have when fresh and look a lot like a set of crawlers once they do so.

-Adam

Belive it or not they actually start to work better after they round off a bit. I know a few competitors who just take out the valve stems on their beadlocks and drive with them completly flat to break em in....

Caleb

jedijeeper said:

-Adam

wow, thats a lot more than I was expecting...still sweet tires though...:D

Vonski

nothing to see here...
Yeah, when compared to other tires that have been available to the public longer, they are a pretty penny. Over time, they should come down a little in price I assume.

Personally, I never thought I'd consider a tire more than $200. These damn tires have got me thinking otherwise.

All Maxxis needs to do now, is make the Creepy Crawler for a 17" rim, and I'll sell my (never been run) Krawlers to run 'em.