Old Power Wagon/military vehicles

Fester

Okay so I found this rotting away and I want it. I think it is a mid 50's Dodge Power Wagon Carry-All. Problem is that the owner wants an arm and a nut for it. It doesn't run and basically needs everything. Anyone know much about these or seen any around? Are they really worth loads of cash?

Attachments

• PWRWAG.JPG
    PWRWAG.JPG
    78.3 KB · Views: 19

Rusted

Let's Ride!
Supporting Member
That thing is totally cool, I have seen the trucks from that vintage, but never a wagon like that. It took a few good minutes on ebay to figure out what it is. Check out this site http://www.uglytruckling.com/. They list it as a 1942-1945 so a little older than you thaught. Check out an old ebay listing #4555287142, that one that one looks good on the outside, but is trashed on the inside pulled $5500. The one you are looking at my be more original and worth even more to a vintage guy. I would guess depending on how original it is it would go for at least that much.

Fester

rusted said:
That thing is totally cool, I have seen the trucks from that vintage, but never a wagon like that. It took a few good minutes on ebay to figure out what it is. Check out this site http://www.uglytruckling.com/. They list it as a 1942-1945 so a little older than you thaught. Check out an old ebay listing #4555287142, that one that one looks good on the outside, but is trashed on the inside pulled $5500. The one you are looking at my be more original and worth even more to a vintage guy. I would guess depending on how original it is it would go for at least that much.

Thanks for the info. Yah I was off on the year. This carryall isn't very original, it has a different engine, trans, and tcase. It was formerly owned by the COOP mine (ran by the polygamists) so it could probably tell a few stories :eek: . Unfortunately it is over my budget (I think the guy wanted about $5k). I found this ambulance for sale at $1500 though......tempting. I just want something cool to plow snow with.

Attachments

• PWRWAG AMB.JPG
    PWRWAG AMB.JPG
    51.4 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Olly (cruiser) had a WWII Powerwagon Ambulance in 95% condition, he could tell you more as he went to all the shows, and still has family with vehicles...

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
hmm.

I've got a 68 M725 sort of for sale. Needs a motor and tranny, new wiring.. project, really. Original D60/D70 axles, divorced NP200 t-case... lemme know if you're interested. 5.87:1 axle ratios. :)

Fester

Tacoma said:
hmm.

I've got a 68 M725 sort of for sale. Needs a motor and tranny, new wiring.. project, really. Original D60/D70 axles, divorced NP200 t-case... lemme know if you're interested. 5.87:1 axle ratios. :)

Sounds cool, and probably not interested in it because it is prolly worth more than I've got. I've got some drivetrain parts (429 and such) that I want to put in something and wouldn't mind picking something up cheap. I just want that dam carryall, but apparently it makes a better cat storage/breeding facility than a restoration project :rolleyes: . Post up some pics of your 725 if you got any though. Maybe it'll make me :freak:

SUPERFLY

CaptainRob
that would be so cool with a new hemi or better a cummins!! my bro bought a 1961 unimog about a month ago it kinda reminds me of it. do power wagons have factory lockers?

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
no factory lockers on the old stuff. Those Unimogs were way ahead of their time, a friend of mine got a 406 w/factory lockers, and a weird manual tranny with a torque converter, some other interesting utilies as well... sold all of his Jeep stuff to do it though, for which I can not forgive him LOL.