Old school in august! come on people!

SUPERFLY

CaptainRob
this is what we need to see! competitive rock crawling is so much fun! get the kids and the family out to these event and see for yourself!
uroc.jpg

Bear T

Tacoma free since '93
I can get a bunch if cones and help with "judging" the training.

I will also help with planning and marketing firso any events so let me know what we need.

SUPERFLY

CaptainRob
What would it take to get permits/insurance for a comp out at little Moab? In August we usually do our KOW race, and mountain yoats bash, that bring out a good crowd we could always make it into a rock crawl as well but I feel like if it is any bigger than what we already have we should probably get permits and insurance...

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
An intro to competitive rock crawling isn't a bad idea. I'd stick with that theme, as the 'Old School Rock Crawl' is Craig's baby, and I doubt it a good idea to try to reproduce that at a different venue without Craig/Craig's blessing. MMP would be a great spot, but it would all boil down to an open weekend that MMP could facilitate it; assuming they want to facilitate (donate) the facility.

Bear T

Tacoma free since '93
An intro to competitive rock crawling isn't a bad idea. I'd stick with that theme, as the 'Old School Rock Crawl' is Craig's baby, and I doubt it a good idea to try to reproduce that at a different venue without Craig/Craig's blessing. MMP would be a great spot, but it would all boil down to an open weekend that MMP could facilitate it; assuming they want to facilitate (donate) the facility.

I think this is a good point.

None of us are Craig Stumph.

I am going to contact MMSP to see what really is needed to use the facility, as well as contact Utah county to check on permits for Little Moab.

schaeferNsons

Dirt Hedz Offroad Club
let me know what i can do to make this happen i would love to see it happen and as far as being a sponsor it is a awesome way to spend your advertising dollars we did at this last one and i couldn't count the number of time i heard lowRange Offroad come over the pa. and if i can help in any way for the training day let me know rob.

McGhie

O hey there Pard!
I think this is a good point.

None of us are Craig Stumph.

I am going to contact MMSP to see what really is needed to use the facility, as well as contact Utah county to check on permits for Little Moab.

thanks Bear. Let me know how it goes and lets start moving forward with this! your the man!

Bear T

Tacoma free since '93
I've talked to MMSP about cost. We would be $20 a rig, and we would have to find a weekend they are not using the course.

I think for a training program, we should look more to Little Moab.

sixstringsteve

I've talked to MMSP about cost. We would be $20 a rig, and we would have to find a weekend they are not using the course.

I think for a training program, we should look more to Little Moab.

I'd love to see something like that materialize. Unfortunately, Little Moab requires permits and insurance to have an "event" out there. Last time I talked to them, they considered 25+ vehicles an "event."

Ima9er

Crazy Man
ive never competed before either, but i have watched stratton and photographed his rig out at osrc a few times. i would like to compete at this event. also i can help in anyway possible. for 20$ a rig i don't think is to bad of a price.

Bear T

Tacoma free since '93
If we are just going to do a "training" (group of friends out having a good time) not a comp. Just an intro for now, we would probably not need permits. To hold an actual competition, then we will need permits for the property, insurance, event license from the county, sponsors, facilities, and more.

For starters, we need to look more at an "Introduction to Competitive Rock Crawling". A basic "how to" or "this is what to expect" to give newby's an idea of what to expect.

The thing that would be nice about doing that at MMSP is it would be a similar surface to the Delta Proving Ground, and would let people know how much better their rigs will stick on a man made surface.

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
$20 is more than reasonable to me. I do like the idea of MMSP, Bear nailed it about similar surface, it's amazing what my jeep will do out there when compared to 5 Mile or Little Moab, I don't even bother airing down out there anymore for training days. I would air down for a comp or comp training day.

Another thing to consider for this is good spotter training. I know it's been covered at the training day. Since I'm wanting to try some competing I need a spotter. I have a friend who has been out with me enough to see how my Jeep works but he needs some good instruction before he would be ready to spot me at a comp. Obviously this is something I can work on with him on my own but a training day like this would be great for him, if it including spotter training as well has how to use a strap to help stabilize a rig if needed.