Old School Rock Crawl 5-14-11

Itsa4door

Got to love the imports!!
There was a great turn out lots of cool rigs u missed out if you did not go but i can help a little here are some pics from the today. The only bad thing is it started raining @ 3 and everyone packed up and left.

DSC_0116.jpg

DSC_0146.jpg

DSC_0163.jpg

DSC_0262.jpg

DSC_0442.jpg

DSC_0444.jpg

DSC_0459.jpg

DSC_0493.jpg

DSC_0507.jpg

If you could see her face it is priceless great driving by this girl she was on 2 wheels right here and hammered down on the gas and pulled out of it!!!!

DSC_0532.jpg

DSC_0607.jpg

DSC_0618.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

ChestonScout

opinions are like Jeeps..
Everyone cheered for his roll thru the gate. Personally I think it was retarded, irresponsible and dangerous. He kept the throttle pinned even tho it was pointed straight at the spectators. Im glad no one was hurt but it pissed me off when the people he almost ran over were cheering him and telling him good job.

Drivers were told they had to go thru the finish gate SLOWLY.

Just my 2 cents

The mini KOH was just as bad. I think we were extremely lucky no one was hurt today. The staff put red tape up to keep people back. It worked for about 5 minutes. I know there are not enough volunteers to police the whole thing but people should be smarter.

ChestonScout

I dont know who he is but the guy driving the green and white tuff country UTV should have had his ass thrown out of the facilty to.

He jumps the red tape, stands ON the landing of the last jump cheering the other UTVs on WHILE THEY ARE LANDING RIGHT NEXT TO HIM. I would have thrown him out for that.

THEN....he runs again, gets passed, rolls, loses the race and is all sad so what does he do??? Blows thru the parking lot at least 30 mph right next to people walking. I had to bite my tongue. It was completely uncalled for and dumb.

Dont get me wrong tho...it was a great event and I had a blast. But it would have been the last event like it if someone would have gotten run over.

Last edited:

cjncustoms

Everyone cheered for his roll thru the gate. Personally I think it was retarded, irresponsible and dangerous. He kept the throttle pinned even tho it was pointed straight at the spectators. Im glad no one was hurt but it pissed me off when the people he almost ran over were cheering him and telling him good job.

Drivers were told they had to go thru the finish gate SLOWLY.

Just my 2 cents

I agree with you on the dangerous and irresponsible. If that rig would have landed back on all fours and not rolled he could have slingshot that rig right into the crowd with the power that thing has....

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
The course 1 judge continually told spectators to stay clear of that obstacle exit gate area, you can't expect the driver or judge to take actions beyond that. Legalize adulthood.

The UTV rolling through the pits in his temper tantrums was absolutely uncalled for... the were told over and over to drive slow through the pits by Sgt and people in the bleachers. Other than that I didn't think it was that bad safety wise, relative to other motorsports of course.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Rumor has it the camping area last night was the real danger, Pit Bike 1, Tacoma's collar bone 0. Pallet behind quad 1, Flandro's back 0.

Last edited:

cjncustoms

The course 1 judge continually told spectators to stay clear of that obstacle exit gate area, you can't expect the driver or judge to take actions beyond that. Legalize adulthood.

The UTV rolling through the pits in his temper tantrums was absolutely uncalled for... the were told over and over to drive slow through the pits by Sgt and people in the bleachers. Other than that I didn't think it was that bad safety wise, relative to other motorsports of course.

The spectators are def the ones who should be looking out for themselves. I def feel that if they are injured they usually put themselves in the position for it to happen... Just like all the party people at potato salad on Easter weekend. They get way to close!!

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
The spectators are def the ones who should be looking out for themselves. I def feel that if they are injured they usually put themselves in the position for it to happen... Just like all the party people at potato salad on Easter weekend. They get way to close!!

Rock crawling competitions just don't lend themselves to bleachers like many motorsports and thus you have to be creative in course design and such. I think toe OSRC organizers did a rock solid job with the event. Looking forward to August.

ChestonScout

If there were nothing but adults there thats fine....they should know better. There were A LOT of kids around and if they see people standing somewhere to watch guess what they are going to do?

Maybe next year instead of just telling drivers they need to be responsible, the end gate should not be into the crowd. This will be hard on some of the obstacles but course 1 could have easily been pushed 20 feet back. Especially since its exit was a main path to get to all the other obstacles

As for the UTV.......if they have to be told over and over again.....they obviously arent going to listen so better measures have to be taken.

Maybe Im just sensitive about this stuff with the recent accidents in desert racing and watching the repercussions because of it. I would hate to witness it in our sport. The very thing we were there to do was to keep our trails open. Can you imagine the ammunition the opposition would have if someone would have gotten killed in our event???

ChestonScout

Rock crawling competitions just don't lend themselves to bleachers like many motorsports and thus you have to be creative in course design and such. I think toe OSRC organizers did a rock solid job with the event. Looking forward to August.

I agree. I know the amount of work that goes into these things. There is ALWAYS room for improvement and I hope the organizers feel the same way.

ChestonScout

do you think a judge would side with that logic? Altho I agree with it. People are stupid and there has to be someone to blame.

Potato salad is completely different. Its on public land, not a closed course event. Apples and oranges

cjncustoms

do you think a judge would side with that logic? Altho I agree with it. People are stupid and there has to be someone to blame.

Potato salad is completely different. Its on public land, not a closed course event. Apples and oranges

Yeah cause nobody wants to tale responsibility for their own actions! They always want to place blame on someone else! It's called common sense! Your standing in front of a 500+hp vehicle with the throttle pinned! If common sense doesn't tell you to move then it's your fault! With what's happened in the desert recently it's really sad and I fell for those families but WHY do you need to stand right next to a coarse with trucks traveling 100+ mph? Once again you put yourself in harms way. Harms way didn't put itself in front of you! That's all I was saying about patato salad as well.

lewis

Fight Till You Die
If there were nothing but adults there thats fine....they should know better. There were A LOT of kids around and if they see people standing somewhere to watch guess what they are going to do?

Maybe next year instead of just telling drivers they need to be responsible, the end gate should not be into the crowd. This will be hard on some of the obstacles but course 1 could have easily been pushed 20 feet back. Especially since its exit was a main path to get to all the other obstacles

As for the UTV.......if they have to be told over and over again.....they obviously arent going to listen so better measures have to be taken.

Maybe Im just sensitive about this stuff with the recent accidents in desert racing and watching the repercussions because of it. I would hate to witness it in our sport. The very thing we were there to do was to keep our trails open. Can you imagine the ammunition the opposition would have if someone would have gotten killed in our event???

So the Judge said numerous times to stay back away from the exit. I was there with my 5 yr old son and we walked around to the other side where we wouldn't be in the way. I thought the roll through the finish made the whole trip down there definitley worth it.

ChestonScout

I agree with you. 100%

But thats not what happens in court. Blame has to go somewhere and its not the deceased. Its a flawed system as we all know but thats the game that will be played WHEN it happens

Potato salad is different because the system wont sue themselves. They will just shut down access to it so it wont happen again.

Im sure the insurance for OSRC isnt cheap. If a claim is drawn, insurance will no longer be able to be obtained and the event is over. All Im saying is take a few extra precautions for the stupid people that are there and there wont be anything to worry about for many years to come.

ChestonScout

So the Judge said numerous times to stay back away from the exit. I was there with my 5 yr old son and we walked around to the other side where we wouldn't be in the way. I thought the roll through the finish made the whole trip down there definitley worth it.

would the roll have been any less spectacular if it was 20 feet away from the people?