Old school rule changes....

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
Sounds like old school is turning into a competition. Didn't old school come about to get guys away from the competition?

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
Street/stock classes ought to be that. No stickies. Run real-life street tires and make it or don't. The whole point of OSRC was to be a fun, light-hearted good time, not some rule-stretching competition full of stress and bickering about the rules.

I"m always amused at WERock events when drivers want stuff. :D It's a lot of fun.

greenjeep

Cause it's green, duh!
If you want to run stickies in stock class, you pay the penalty points. If you don't want the penalty, run Legends. My first two years, the only thing that put me out of stock class was my tire size, so rather than buy different tires, I stepped up and ran Legends. Stock should be for the daily driven, street legal Jeep.

Johnny Quest

Web Wheeler
ok time to stir the pot: what if there was a stock class, and a stock mod class? stock would have to be on stock axles with stock style suspension, 35" max. stock mod would allow axle swaps, suspension style could change, and have a 37" tire max, with stickys being allowed. both could run the same lines. it seems like there are enough people that could make the split happen.

Last edited:

maveric

Crawler Collecter
ok time to stir the pot: what if there was a stock class, and a stock mod class? stock would have to be on stock axles with stock style suspension, 35" max. stock mod would allow axle swaps, suspension style could change, and have a 37" tire max, with stickys being allowed. both could run the same lines. it seems like there are enough people that could make the split happen.
To stir the pot some more, where would you put a vehicle with stock axles, stock style suspension, and 35's, but the axles have been moved more than 3" from stock location? Currently, ruls put it in Legends.

I have no dog in this fight, but I say leave the rules as they are.

Johnny Quest

Web Wheeler
true. but as it was said earlier, stock isnt really all that stock anymore. i dont think that mk Comanche, on full width axles and 37s should be considered stock, even though it fits into that class. but at this point, im just beating what appears to be a dead horse.

skippy

Pretend Fabricator
true. but as it was said earlier, stock isnt really all that stock anymore. i dont think that mk Comanche, on full width axles and 37s should be considered stock, even though it fits into that class. but at this point, im just beating what appears to be a dead horse.

your commanche wont be competitive in stock.... bring your over sized bus out and lets dance Nancy!

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
To stir the pot some more, where would you put a vehicle with stock axles, stock style suspension, and 35's, but the axles have been moved more than 3" from stock location? Currently, ruls put it in Legends.

I have no dog in this fight, but I say leave the rules as they are.

I'll tell you where I'd put it. :cody: hahah

I agree though, leave the rules alone. :D

EB101

Too Stickie, or Not Too Stickie

Is all this speculation about stickies in Stock? I've run my wire poking out, bald stickies every year for 4 years at least. I get penalized for the size but not the compound. In the past it's always been, if it was a BFG or Maxxis sticky there was no question and it was allowed. My street tires are pretty soft and broke in but don't really want to run them if I don't have to. I also gone through the rules posted with this year registration and no mention of DOT or Stickies is anywhere in it. CRAIG HELP US CLEAR THIS UP.

skippy

Pretend Fabricator
Is all this speculation about stickies in Stock? I've run my wire poking out, bald stickies every year for 4 years at least. I get penalized for the size but not the compound. In the past it's always been, if it was a BFG or Maxxis sticky there was no question and it was allowed. My street tires are pretty soft and broke in but don't really want to run them if I don't have to. I also gone through the rules posted with this year registration and no mention of DOT or Stickies is anywhere in it. CRAIG HELP US CLEAR THIS UP.

this was a huge issue last year, we got penalized for stickies and other teams like yourself didnt, I was aware of you running stickies but didnt want to throw you under the bus so I kept quiet.......

BCGPER

Starting Another Thread
I'm human, I'll miss one now and then. Rest assured EB101 won't be missed this year though. Ya'll want to try doing tech on 50ish vehicles in two hours have at it, I'm sick of the bitching!

skippy

Pretend Fabricator
I'm human, I'll miss one now and then. Rest assured EB101 won't be missed this year though. Ya'll want to try doing tech on 50ish vehicles in two hours have at it, I'm sick of the bitching!

It would be less work for yourself if you just allowed stickies in all classes..... :rofl:

EB101

BC, Your job is one of the toughest out there and we do appreciate what you do. Thanks for missing my tires last year. What is the penalty for running them BTW? I don't mind the rule for or against them, it's easier if it's documented, did I miss it some where?

Thanks again! We love Old School!

EB101

ok, I was wondering where I had asked about running my krawlers and why, It's been 3 years but here's Craig's response to when I asked what it took to get Krawlers approved:
Krawlers and and Maxxis comp tires are approved. You can purchase Krawlers by calling 1 800 race BFG and telling them that you race at OSRC. BFG will require proof that you have actually raced or have registered for this year's event. They will have some paperwork for any team looking to buy tires and the price has gone up in recent years. However, the racer price is better than the street price. A similar deal is in the works for Maxxis and may be ready to go this year.
Maybe he didn't realize I ran in the stock class? Anyway please clarify what the penalty will be if we run them.

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
Man this thread really brought out comments from the peanut gallery. I'm pretty sure he meant it as a place to discuss things we'd like to bring before Craig and BC but whatever...