Old Uroc comp site Vernal

NE_Utah

I went out to the old comp site today to do a little wheeling and was very sadden by the way the area looked. There was nails form pallet everywere and old propane bottles also everywere.

Before leaveing I picked up a old chair and a 5 gallon bucket of nails. I tried to get all of the propane bottles and other junk. When I rolled out of there some guy stopped to ask me why I was hauling all the junk away. I told him because the dump is up north and this is public land.

I informed him that this kind of abuse will get this area closed and makes us all look like slobs.

The bed of my truck was completely full.

I got one picture and that was it. next time I am out there i will get more.
As for the wheeling, it was great, sticky rocks and cool climbs.

This place is way funner than little moab. I could had spent all day there and still not hit all the obsticles.

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
Good job--sucks to hear it's trashed. When we went there semi-regularly it always looked reasonably clean, though you could tell people had camped there quite a bit.

Rusted

Let's Ride!
Supporting Member
5.37 hours in a Toyota..... :)

True.. and most of that is getting up parleys :)

I should say, it is ~180 miles from Sandy to Naples, and the comp site is just a few minutes past that. I drive it in 3 to 3.5 hours if I stop and grab a snack on the way.

thats too bad, im from the "basin" but moved 3 yrs ago..but go back often, didnt become a jeeper until last year:) and had always wanted to go to the UROC comps but never made it. We did go afew months ago, down south of naples, down by the green river there was alot of sand. it was a blast. the whole area is really changing, the population is really growing, with the oil field boom in that area. lots of people moving in, so i doubt the situation will get better with the junk being left. very sad.

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
we should mount a up a posse soon to go wheel and clean the area.. never been up there in my rigs..

-Jason

NE_Utah

The first ARCA site was Tribal, The "dogbone" is about 45 min east of that.

If you all head out PM or post it up. i work every other saturday so let me know and I will be there.