Nissan Older Warn 15k winch, worth $800?

dentedvw

uıɐƃɐ ʇɐɥʇ op ʇ,uoʍ ı
I need a winch for my huge Nissan NV2500 van. Yeah, it's ugly. I don't care. I found someone selling an older Warn 15k winch, with synthetic line on it. It comes in a cradle, aluminum hawse fairlead, wired remote, quick disconnect cables. $800. I tested it, and it goes in, out, spools pretty free. No apparent damage to the synthetic Master Pull line, and it has a large weird yellow hook on it. The line has a label with a 2009 date on it, so the winch is at least that old as well. Overall, in pretty good condition.
Worth it?
A little embarrassed to admit it, but I was also considering the Badlands 12k winch. I had one before, and it always worked fine, but the handle rusts, and it's a bit slow. Still, at $300...

What do you think?

dentedvw

uıɐƃɐ ʇɐɥʇ op ʇ,uoʍ ı
Thanks all, I will pick this one up, and have a bumper built to fit it. It would be nice if there was some off the shelf bumper solution, but there isn't. The price of having an oddball vehicle.

dentedvw

uıɐƃɐ ʇɐɥʇ op ʇ,uoʍ ı
The same. I am not a fan of the aluminess bumpers made for this rig right now. They add a lot of length to the van, and the approach angle is pretty bad as it is. I am having some custom made for it instead. I would definitely like to have Randy do the 4x4 conversion though. As soon as I can scratch up eleven thousand...

dentedvw

uıɐƃɐ ʇɐɥʇ op ʇ,uoʍ ı
oV1Kb52.jpg

dentedvw

uıɐƃɐ ʇɐɥʇ op ʇ,uoʍ ı
You can't hardly tell I lifted it three inches, and put on 32" tires. Unless you are trying to step into the back, it's like stepping into the bed of a full size pickup truck. I think it still needs a few more inches of height. And a different rear axle, one I can put an ARB into. More one off custom stuff.

idahoyj

Randy isn't the most popular guy around here, but he really knows 4x4 conversions. I was seriously impressed to see his conversion sysyem for these rigs, especially.

The same. I am not a fan of the aluminess bumpers made for this rig right now. They add a lot of length to the van, and the approach angle is pretty bad as it is. I am having some custom made for it instead. I would definitely like to have Randy do the 4x4 conversion though. As soon as I can scratch up eleven thousand...

Jinx

when in doubt, upgrade!
Randy isn't the most popular guy around here,

X2

He might be more popular if he wasn't such a crook and had YEARS of history over charging, half delivering, not keeping commitments, and in general unethical behavior.

If you search crook, you will understand more.

Cool project BTW.