OME coils on a 96' 4Runner problem

cjfj80

Last year sometime I but coils and shocks from OME on my 4Runner. N86 with 906 coils. Basically their light duty setup. I'm still sagging to the rear quite a bit and it leans to the drivers side. One of the 906's was a 1/2" taller and that I put under the drivers side. So this week I added a 10mm OME trim spacer to the drivers side. I'm still leaning to the drivers even after the trim spacer. OME says I can add another 5mm on the 10mm then if it leans the other way add a 5mm to the other side.

Anyone had this problem? What is the best option? If the answer is live with I'm good with that too.

sixstringsteve

I'm guessing it has to do with the fact that the gas tank is on the driver's side. All the weight of a driver + 15 gal of gas on one side can make it lopsided.

bryson

RME Resident Ninja
Supporting Member
OME coils are usually labeled as to which coil goes on the driver side, and which coil goes on the passenger side. They do this specifically because of the extra weight on one side or the other. I'd just try swapping the coils side to side and see if that clears up your issue.