On-Board Air

ewander

I need air. With the spool in the back, driving around town looking for air in any of the towns that I frequent is hard on my tires, ears and jeep (when the tires are aired down to 10 psi).

I run 35" tires and wheel every weekend, so I need something reliable and fairly small. I have looked at the power tanks...and then I saw Wayne with his own home made version. Is there a write up about making a home made version out of another tank?

I would like to know where to buy the tank, regulator, etc....

Thanks,

Eric

bobdog

4x4 Addict!
I have bought tanks at Bevco. I think the last 20lb tank was $70 full. They charge between 15 and 20 to fill them. As for the regulator you should be able to get by with one made for beverage use if you are going to only use it to air up tires. The ones I have around to dispense keged homebrew Have gages that go to 60psi, I don't know how much volume they flow. The cheapest place I have found to buy this type is Superior Products. I talked to a guy from the powertank comany in moab a few years ago. He told me that they used a special high flow regulator. I asked the price for one and it was way expensive. Price out a York setup you may find that you can put one in cheaper than you think. Those CO2 tanks are bulky and pretty heavy too.

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
I made a powertank thingy and was never really satisfied with it. You could fill up tires fast, and run air tools for a while, but the CO2 went really quick. Now I have a York compressor, and am totally happy with it. Unlimited *free* air, and plenty of air to run air tools. Airs up tires just about as fast as the CO2, too. Check out http://www.onboardair.com and they'll hook you up with everything you need to get your own system going.

bobdog

4x4 Addict!
For a York setup make a plan and then ckeck out the Grainger catalog everything you need except for the compressor and bracket can be found there for way less than those places that only cater to fourwheelers. If by any chance you need a sepentine clutch for the york I have one I will sell for a good deal.

Shawn

Just Hanging Out
Originally posted by RockMonkey
I made a powertank thingy and was never really satisfied with it. You could fill up tires fast, and run air tools for a while, but the CO2 went really quick. Now I have a York compressor, and am totally happy with it. Unlimited *free* air, and plenty of air to run air tools. Airs up tires just about as fast as the CO2, too. Check out http://www.onboardair.com and they'll hook you up with everything you need to get your own system going.

Agree;)

Go york.

sukaB

Banned
I have a good full bad boy York over here still bolted to a vehicle from the factory
SWAP MEET.......

harkinoff

something to do...
Originally posted by sukaB
I have a good full bad boy York over here still bolted to a vehicle from the factory
SWAP MEET.......

what the hell does " good full bad boy york" mean? :confused:

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Originally posted by sukaB
SWAP MEET.......

I'd like to check that out on Sat, hope I can get back in town by then, I'm sure I will. Anyways, sukaB, have you done quite a few of these conversions? If so I'll have to chat with ya for a minute at the swap. I've been interested in doing it for a while...

sukaB

Banned
I've bought alot of vehicles to run my grammy around in....
she likes Interco tires, dana 60's and York compressor's for air....
She me girl.....