On board air

baerpaws

I have an a/c pump that is new and never used. I would like someone who has done it with a a/c pump to tell me how to put on board air in my rig. Aleast point me in the right direction.

baerpaws

chev 350 Harrison pump - what came with it
that's about all I know.
It's in my cj 7
surpintine belt, tbi, new crate motor

Last edited:

redbulltj

I'm a cutter
start with a york. I tried the same pump lasted for a couple of runs then died. My.02

I am not sure what kind of compressor a Harrison is but...

I have been using my stock TJ sanden AC compressor with a filter, oiler and separator for about 4 years without issue.

I have a pressure switch, tank and blow-off valve to regulate and store air...

great set-up.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin

I have been using my stock TJ sanden AC compressor with a filter, oiler and separator for about 4 years without issue.

great set-up.

Sandens work good.

I run a stock XJ (89) Sanden on my buggy with an inlet filter and that's it. I squirt some oil in it a few times a year and it has lasted this long so far! :D

ZUKEYPR

great set-up.

You got a write up on this that you can post or PM me? I'm presuming if I have a 05 TJ and A/C that I have the same compressor. I never ever use my A/C so that would be perfect.

Jinx

when in doubt, upgrade!

Bart

Hey, I'm just the messenger. Kilby is a great friend and a former sponsor and he's doing fairly well with OBA. One thing about him is he's business first and friend second. I have a lot of Kilby stuff on my Jeep, but I think most people would be surprised at what I paid for it.

You'll notice I don't have OBA on my TJ, now do I? Actually I have most of the parts for one, including a York, that I took off the last buggy when I went to Detroits. It will go on a rig someday, just need to decide what rig. When I do it, I'll end up buying the rest of the kit from Brad. His prices may seem a bit high, but the quality of his stuff is the best out there, and the kit as a whole is unmatched.

Bart

That's pretty funny
Bart does make waaaayyyy to much money

I wish, did you forget I work for the State? Actually it's not a good subject right now. We (Janeal and I) made a decision to have Janeal quit her old job because of all the travel. She was gone 3 days a week, and sometime 5. She made more than I did.

The result is she quit and got a full time job here at the college. We took an immediate 35% reduction in total household income. It has been tough, but well worth it to have her home. So, life at our house has changed drastically.

Merry Christmas.:hickey:

Jinx

when in doubt, upgrade!
Bart,
Thanks for the info, Any deal is still better than retail. I am getting to the point where having all the parts together and being able to put it together is a Friday night Saturday situation, vs find this part having it not work, try again next weekend, is worth a little more cash upfront just to have it right.