on board welders

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
Whoa, that looks rad. I wonder how much welding you get out of a charge, and how expensive replacement batteries are. I have a Ready Welder, for a bunch less money, and it has made some decent trail repairs.

lewis

Fight Till You Die
100 inches per charge. I used to have a read welder. I even built some of my rig using it so I would be confident enough to use it on the trail. I packed it for 5 years and never used it so I sold it.

mesha

By endurance we conquer
You are welcome to come and try out my ready welder. It has saved a trip a few times. Stick welders can be more versatile IF you know how to use them. I am not skilled enough to weld up a tranny housing or anything but pretty much mild steel.

Darwin

GREASE MONKEY
i have had a ready welder for years and used it on the trail many times. it has been a great investment in my opinion. i think the only thing i don't like about it is its large size when packed, and the spare battery it requires. i ended up using one twelve volt and one six volt battery for the best welds.

ChestonScout

opinions are like Jeeps..
I've been thinking about on board welding systems which ones are good which one are bad the one i've been thinking about is this one www.northerntool.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_6970_200390405_200390405 it's a bit spendy but i think it is cool

I used that welder at Top Truck Challenge this past year to make repairs to Coreys driveline after the frame twister.

I was impressed with it and it worked great!

It is expensive but it would be nice to not have anything else required. Just make sure its charged up before you leave