On my own.

I figure it's about time I started my own profile. I'm the Dad formerly of schaeferNsons. Nick and his brothers are on their own now too. I haven't been wheeling too long, but I am thoroughly infected. There isn't a day that goes by now that I don't want to go wheeling or at least think about going. The boys and I are currently sharing my 1979 Jeep Cherokee Chief. It is kind of like a land boat. The definition of a boat is a whole in the water to pour all your money into. My Jeep swallows every dollar I can squeeze out of the wife. So far we have started the gladiator grill and front end conversion. All that is left is the round head lights. I have the parts, I just haven't gotten them installed. It has 4" lift springs with sway bar disconnects rolling on 37" MTR's. It used to be a "Flintstone mobil" but we have fixed the floors. Rust started removal of the wide-trac fender flairs and a cut off wheel has finished the job. She's a prodject a long way from done. I need to finish closing up the rear fenders and get the flexy flair installed. The 360 is getting tired and will be rebuilt at some point. We have the parts to race build the turbo 400 transmission, most likely a job to do when the engine. The plan includes elimination of the Qradra-trash, I mean Quadra-trac, T-case to be replaced with an NP203/205 stacked set up. When I've won the lottery and paid for all the above, I would like to install some kind of lockers front and rear with 4.27 gears. Replace the factory roof rack and replace it with an integrated rack and exo-cage/ bumpers with winches front and back. But first thing I have to do is replace the seats. My backside is just starting to recover from Moab this last spring. The jury is still out on what color to paint the old girl. I don't like white vehicles. I'm open to suggestions.

Attachments

• 2009 Moab Easter Jeep Safari 106.jpg
    2009 Moab Easter Jeep Safari 106.jpg
    180.9 KB · Views: 11
  • 2009 Moab Easter Jeep Safari 179.jpg
    2009 Moab Easter Jeep Safari 179.jpg
    184.3 KB · Views: 16

Bear T

Tacoma free since '93
You told me about the job at the meeting the other day, congrats. I have called a few times on the CD, it was supposed to be ready yesterday, I will call again and find out.