Opinions-coming back to the fold.

dash

I got rid of my crawler and went rzr for a while but want to get back to crawling. What should I get.
Notes- must be Mercian Chevy or Jeep. Want to run 37s- I also kinda like the “low buck” wheeling mentally. Kinda. Just too many choices. Ideas?

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
37's and low buck are not usually used in the same breath.

Chop a K5 up with chevy tons is the cheap and dirty option.

JK is the nice one.

YJs have fallen off in price enough to make it a real option but you'll want tons too.
XJ leaves in the rear flipped waggy springs up front and cut stuff up.

dash

yeah thinking full size the k5 route looks appealing. low buck is like not worried about boddy damage, solid drivetrain and yeah. anybody wheelin a K5 that knows what to watch out for? Dempsey after the ride the other day big block is good, very good.

72gmck5

Watch for rust in the frame and cracks where the steering box attaches. Recently built a 88' k5 for about $3500 including purchase, 37s H2 wheels, 3.5" lift and 3/4 axles. Goes just about anywhere and has a/c. Minor trimming in the front required.

dash

Watch for rust in the frame and cracks where the steering box attaches. Recently built a 88' k5 for about $3500 including purchase, 37s H2 wheels, 3.5" lift and 3/4 axles. Goes just about anywhere and has a/c. Minor trimming in the front required.

Thanks for the tips