Opinions needed on leaf spring mount changes.

Tallz

So here are my rear leaf spring mounts for the front end. I guess the original owner thought it would be an easy lift to just drop the spring mount with a little bit of angle iron and some extended shackles. I realize they need to be a little closer to the frame to keep from hanging up on rocks. So I need your opinions on how to mount them a better way. I was just going to cut off about 3 inches of the drop and move the tab up higher. What is your idea?

Attachments

• spring hanger.JPG
    spring hanger.JPG
    56.6 KB · Views: 34

Tallz

Yeah I have seen those and have ordered a few things from Ruff Stuff. Their products are great. I just cant quite figure out how those mount to the frame. Usually they have holes drilled in them and you can tell how they mount up, but those do not. So I originally thought those were for link suspensions. I will call Ruff Stuff on Monday and get more information about them. I have done some extensive searching online and they are the only company that makes an outboard spring mount.

Tallz

Do you think those outboard headers will get waisted the first time I go out and crawl? Those are going back to manifolds and inboard frame pipes to Supertrapps.

cheepin

The outboard brackets,just weld to the outside of the frame with the tab going under the frame.Then weld the hangers to the bottom of these.

As for the outside the frame headers.I can't stand them.They are usually loud and the heat gets to your feet.