opinions on a toyota pickup purchase

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
check this thing out...

it is an 85 EFI !!! with about 175k on it. he wants 2500 and the thing is absolutely immaculate down to the Chrome roll bar in the bed!!!:p but the thing needs a head gasket and he wont budge on the price...

he says...

It for sure needs a head gasket. You add antifreeze to it and it disappears but there are no leaks in the hoses. Plus the exhaust is steamy when it runs. The engine is a 22REC fuel injected SR5 truck, full guages, lots of goodies!

:confused:

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
Alittle high for a pick up and the fact that it has problems but if it is that nice jump on it.

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
well I lost the picture but it is a little too nice. the thing was pristine!!! I think I am gonna pass on it. I already have a problem vehicle with engine trouble!!

yellowjacket

Much more comfortable
$2500 for "The Year", do it Spence!

If you had to you could just go down to the junk yard and pick up a head. As for being too nice..... you could change that, with a couple of trips to Little Moab! Also spraying all the chrome black.

84 4Runner

Restless 'Runner
That does sound a bit pricey for a pickup with a blown headgasket.... But EFI and a nice body...tempting! :D I guess it all depends on how much $$$ you have sitting around.

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
here are the pix....

adventures-021.jpg

adventures-022.jpg

for someone that is looking for something shiny, it is a good truck, I just want the fuel injection and the axles....I couldn't care less about the body or the chrome:eek:

just think, I would really mess up those cool graphics when I bobbed the bed right?!?;)

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
That thing belongs in the Smithsonian!! I've NEVER seen a cleaner Toyota! If you want axles and EFI, they aren't that hard to find.

yellowjacket

Much more comfortable
Originally posted by spencurai

for someone that is looking for something shiny, it is a good truck, I just want the fuel injection and the axles....I couldn't care less about the body or the chrome:eek:

just think, I would really mess up those cool graphics when I bobbed the bed right?!?;)
Just get it, spray it, (chrome to black) and dent it!:D

Vonski

nothing to see here...
I think the price is quite reasonable since it is an '85 and EFI, and it's super clean! Add $1,000 to $1,500 in your budget for a good rebuild kit (ahem... :D)/machine work/new clutch (while it's out) and you're in great shape. Or simply have the head checked for warpage then replace the gasket and go. It should have alot more life left.

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
I hear you man!!! I already have 2 zuks and a cherokee. I did have an explorer until it got plowed.....4 trucks for 2 people is a bit too much for a non white trash couple :)