Jeep Opinions on Goodyear Duratracs in 35"

Freeman Jeep

I have heard a lot about the duratracs and i am debating whether to go with those or the BFG A/T i do a lot of road driving still but i would like something that would last awhile on road and for the weekends i can make it out wheelin. Just need some opinions! Thanks!!

sixstringsteve

What kind of wheeling do you do? Duratracs are great, but make sure you get the ones that are the stiffer, 3-ply sidewall if you plan on airing down and crawling with them.

Mcamish01

Carolina Crawler
The GY Duratrac is more of an entry MT tire than an AT. We ran them back in the southeast on some of our drill rig support trucks (2500 HD's), but my company 2500 HD had BFG AT's on it. In the red clay mud that we've got there the Duratracs were a good bit better than the AT's, but they were noticeably louder than my AT's and wore significantly faster. For the type of terrain (dirt, sand, rock, snow) that is more commonly found out here in UT, I'd stick to an AT, especially if you're primarily running down the asphalt.

Freeman Jeep

i do more crawling than mud but every once in a while i hit mud and it would be nice to have the traction for that but i drive about 2 miles a day on the asphalt to keep the miles low on the jeep i think im leaning more towards the duratracs

thenag

You said "road" and I think the dura tracs are almost as good on snow covered roads as an actual snow tire.

I have a set on my f250 that I don't wheel at all but love them.

My father in law has a set on his tj, he likes them a lot. I actually would have probably got a set instead of kevlar mtrs if they made them in 37 inch. I think all the siping would do great in Moab too.

I don't know if bfg has gotten better sidewalls in the past few years but I tore through 8 bfg side walls in 2 years, I switched to (non-kevlar) mtrs and only went through 3 side walls the next two years (that was back in 01 or so)

Just my .02

Nathan

huntinkid

I dont know from the traction portion. But i have balanced 3 out of 20 (in my career) or so that are out of round with less than 2,000 miles on them. So if you do buy them make sure you have a warranty for out of round tires