Opinions on truss for 05'+ SD Dana 60

SSR

Looking for opinions on trusses for a 05'+ Super Duty Dana 60 that will someday find a home under a linked YJ. Artec offers two truss options for this axle, a high profile as well as a low profile. Both trusses options can be fitted with full hydro mount. Any opinions on the advantages of one over the other? Do I even need a truss? For simplicity and packaging I'm thinking I will need to run coil-overs/struts and either Jesse Haines or Artec weld on hi-steer arms.

I have already cut the radius arms and trimmed back some of the housing around the tube on driver side (which removes two of four plug welds) so either truss will fit. Also, both tubes have been welded to housing.

High Profile.jpgLow Profile.jpg

Thanks

Last edited:

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
I don't think you need a truss for strength reasons...only if it makes it easier for you to mount your link brackets, or steering ram, or whatever. (such as mounting over the differential, if you have one planned to go there)

zukgod1

Senior crawler
The Superduty axle is already WAY Overkill.
That said, I still added a truss (Artec) for the mounts and it looks cool.
I went low profile I think. Would need to go look at it, LOL.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

SSR

The Superduty axle is already WAY Overkill.
That said, I still added a truss (Artec) for the mounts and it looks cool.
I went low profile I think. Would need to go look at it, LOL.

Would you mind sending me a picture of your truss as well as steering?

zukgod1

Senior crawler
Won't let me upload multiple pics from my phone for some reason.
cf0ed9143481d4698279fc9f9f0072ae.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

SSR

Thanks Zuk, this helps me tremendously!

If your cool with it I would like to stop by at some point to see how you did your frame, and see the rig overall.

zukgod1

Senior crawler
Thanks Zuk, this helps me tremendously!

If your cool with it I would like to stop by at some point to see how you did your frame, and see the rig overall.

Anytime, I'm in Saratoga.

And yes, it had the HUGE cast mounts on it when I picked it up. That was fun. Actually it wasn't too bad to cut them off, I used a Sawzall for 90% of it, came off pretty easy.