Optics...what ya got?

Caleb

I now looking in to different optics options. I'm 99% sure I'm going with an EOTech as my wife gets a pretty good discount on them unless there is a really solid argument against them. The only thing I've heard against them is the battery life isn't as good as the Aimpoint. Valid point, but not worth paying several hundred more for. My eye sight sucks out beyond probably 50-100 yards, so I'm going to need the magnification piece as well. The one that intrigues me the most right now is the EOTech HHS I. Anyone have any experience with this one, or any others I should consider. Is it worth it to not do the package and just do a red dot and add the magnification piece separately?

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Either one you go with, get the mount that flips to the side instead of quick disconnecting it. You will love the eotech with bi-vision sighting (Keep both eyes open to acquire targets) while shooting close range. Can't do that with the magnifier, but it's definitely nice to be able to flip it over and see a little further out.

Caleb

Good advice, I never thought about that. I know the one I link to flips to the side, I also think it has a quick disconnect if I wanted it completely off. (Not positive on the quick disconnect though)

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
EOtech all the way, I have shot extensively with both, target acquisition is much faster, at least it is for me

kyojin

I had an Eotech XPS 2-2 and liked it. I opted to go with a variable zoom scope. I have the Burris Tac30 1-4x. I really like the ability to zoom in and out and also have a set of iron sets mounted on a 45degree. I shoot 3 gun competitions and variable zoom scopes with irons on the side is the ticket.

spaggyroe

Man Flu Survivor
I have an aimpoint comp m4. I got it as a gift from a friend after helping him move one weekend. It's built solidly, and the flip to side magnifier I got for it is a pretty nice feature, but I would go with the EoTech if I were to go out and buy an optic.