Orbital valve to stock YJ column?

xtremexj

OK, rookie full hydro question. Can you hook up an orbital valve to a stock YJ column? I was planning on using the Jeep column just for all the ignition and wiper wiring. It shouldn't be a huge deal to come up with a connector to go from stock to orbital. Doable or is it more trouble that it's worth?

skippy

Pretend Fabricator
OK, rookie full hydro question. Can you hook up an orbital valve to a stock YJ column? I was planning on using the Jeep column just for all the ignition and wiper wiring. It shouldn't be a huge deal to come up with a connector to go from stock to orbital. Doable or is it more trouble that it's worth?

It is actually fairly easy I will post up some pictures of my setup when I get home from work tonight it will be easier than to explain the whole shenanigans

skippy

Pretend Fabricator
All I did was cut down the stock column that ran down to the steering box and ground a flat spot into the splined steering column on the orbital valve my whole steering linkage is all the factory ujoints and column pieces just cut down.

As long as you have the steering column that bolts to the orbital valve you should be good to go.

Attachments

• steering#2.JPG
    steering#2.JPG
    47.4 KB · Views: 18
  • steering #1.JPG
    steering #1.JPG
    47.6 KB · Views: 20

_Auzzy_

Current Rig: 12W Boots
Did the same thing as skippy. Flat spot for the key of the original and another for the bolt to go over. Got my oribital and splined steering piece from trailgear.