Ouray, Colorado in October

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
I Lean said:
Hey, who's Jon Corzine?
:rofl:
Jon Corzine wants to allow child molestors to live in your neighborhood.

This post was brought to you by the Doug Forrester for governor committee.

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
Doug Forrester gave a huge tax break to child molestors.
This message brought to you by Jon Corzine for Governer campaign.

TK1

Full Mall Crawler Status
Greg said:
Not yet, but I hope to spend a lot of time in the area next year. :cool:

Have you?

Yep, It's kind of boring right until the last part :eek: . When you come around a corner and all you can see is Teluride a long ways down it gets your attention. It's not technical at all but its quite the view.

TK1

Full Mall Crawler Status
Hickey said:
Doug Forrester gave a huge tax break to child molestors.
This message brought to you by Jon Corzine for Governer campaign.

What the hell, I thought I posted in the wrong thread for a second. :rofl:

RockMonkey said:
Beautiful area. I've spent quite a bit of time in Southwester CO. Next time you've GOT to make it to Silverton. I've spent WEEKS camping above Silverton and driving around the different passes and roads up there, and exploring all the great mining and ghost town history. You could spend months up there and not see it all. IMHO Silverton on the fourth of July is one of the best trips you can make. It's just the right time of year to enjoy the mountain passes, and the little town of Silverton has oneof the biggest fireworks displays in the country! Very cool parade too, if you're into Jeeps. :D

Two years ago we had a UROC event in Farmington NM on the fourth of July, and made the drive up to Silverton just to see the fireworks. Almost missed them, but we saw them from across the valley.

We live in Pagosa Springs which is 2 hours from Silverton and spend pretty much every Sunday and/or weekend up there from Memorial Day till the snow flies and there are still roads we haven't been on! And the 4th of July is the best. For such a tiny town, their fireworks are unbelievable. If any of you are ever interested in wheeling companions in that area, let us know!